fat caliper

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

fat caliper

Post by Mbauer21 »

I bought the accu-measure fitness 3000 which is supposed to be pretty accurate...I bought the gadget a while a go but havent really been using it bc im not sure if im using it right...I follow the instructions and correct me if im wrong but its 1 inch up from ur right hip bone...okey...then I have to hear the "click" okey..now it tells me 12-13% but im not sure if thats so, its pretty low...any comments on it...???
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you couldn't do all the site by yourself...never used one though
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

You are better off practicing with a friend than on your own body, and get a myotape so you can accurately measure to the desired site.
Learn together with your friend and then you can take each other's percentages. BF does mine, but we just got an ultrasound device at work, which is so way cooler, no pinching.
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

In general calipers will be a little inaccurate for the individual. If you're under the age of 20 or above the age of 60 it's going to be horribly inaccurate. For most other people, it will usually be just a little bit off, but not terribly much unless your BF% is over 40, which it doesn't sound like yours is...
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

Yea I kinda thought the tape was better...ive gained close to ten pounds since I started lifting more (im in 126ish now) I use the measuring tape to get soemthing more accurate, I can still see abs (the 6ths at times) so that makes me feel as if I havent gained tons of fat, however I have gained like one inch in waist soooo yaaa... former gym had a machine but I know those arent accurate so why bother :D