Concept 2 rower

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Packard
VETERAN

Concept 2 rower

Post by Packard »

I recently purchased a Concept 2 rowing machine directly from Concept 2.

The cost was $900.00 US Dollars + $40.00 shipping. It arrived in 2 days.

It was well packed and the packaging was designed for easy removal. The shipping weight was 70 lbs. It arrived in two sections with only a single leg to assemble. The two sections were light and easy to carry to basement. Assembly time (as advertised by Concept 2) was to be 30 minutes. However when I included the time it took to open the packaging and move the pieces to basement and the actual assembly time it took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. It came with all hardware and the assembly tool (an Allen wrench).

The unit is about 8' long and 2 feet wide and quickly breaks down into two 4' long sections. It has wheels on the front and can be rolled out of the way without disassembling. It is low enough that you can hide it behind a couch if you don't have access to a basement.

This is the same model that is used in commercial gyms and for a single person using it I would expect a very long practical life for the machine.

It works back, arms and hips well. I am able to get up a good pulse rate quickly and 20 minute sessions are comfortable. On cardio days I do 3 sessions. On lifting days I do one session.

I've only had it for a couple of weeks and I will report more on this after I've had a chance to really put it through its paces.

I checked on the competitive rowing forums and overwhelmingly the Concept 2 is the indoor rower of choice in those forums.

To be continued...
TheFitRebel
STARTING OUT

Re: Concept 2 rower

Post by TheFitRebel »

Yea Baby!

I'm from Vermont and the Concept 2 factory is right in backyard (well almost). I've traveled the world over and love seeing that Concept 2 is like the Ipod of indoor rowers.

I've seen many different athletes who all have their strengths and weaknesses but rowers are some of the most perfectly fit people I have ever met. That rower will last you for year and will help you do that same :P