Iron Gym

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jillb069
STARTING OUT

Iron Gym

Post by jillb069 »

I bought the Iron Gym pull-up bar at Wal-Mart for 29.99 yesterday. There were others pull-up bars there for more than that. I recognized this one from the infomercial. Anyway, make sure you read the fine print, your door frame must be 24-32 inches wide. I live in house thats about 200 hundred years old. It doesn't fit door. But with an extra peice of wood I had and some wall screws, I was able to make it hang properly. I'm glad landlord is easy going, otherwise I would have to return it.

It has three places where you can grip. The padding isn't all that soft, I still need gloves, which is fine. It seems strong and sturdy enough for me. But I'm a little girl. If I was a 200 pound man, I might be skeptic about its strength. I am able to do the workouts I need to do. The ab straps work ok, I'm not thrilled about them. I might just have to get used to them since I never used them before.

I really just wanted a pull-up bar, but I thought I would try the other features. As far as being able to use it for push ups and tricep dips like it advertises, I'm not impressed. Using chairs is much more comfortable and effective on triceps. And I prefer doing regular old fashion push ups for chest and arms.

I bought this product so I could do pull ups, and I'm happy that I can do them at home now.

Overall rating-C
TheAbMan
STARTING OUT

Re: Iron Gym

Post by TheAbMan »

I also have an iron gym. For 30 bucks, it is pretty much what I expected. I like it fine for push-ups, pull-ups and dips. It's not favorite for crunches though.