Help with treadmill maintenance

Post important and accurate fitness articles, reference materials, research studies and findings here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Tystick
STARTING OUT

Help with treadmill maintenance

Post by Tystick »

Hi everybody. I am new here so if I am posting in the wrong area, please let me know.
I bought a used treadmill to use in basement to help me keep exercising. I love the treadmill but I think it is time for some routine maintenance on it. I have searched everywhere and cannot find a users manual for Galyan's Tracker 2710 treadmill. It was a small investment but I want to make sure it last me as long as possible. I am sure there is something that needs to be lubricated or checked for wear. I do not even know what I need to lube the treadmill. I read some place that there should be lubrication below the belt? Without the manual I do not even know how to get the belt loosened. If anyone can assist me in getting manual or explain what I should be routinely check I would greatly appreciate it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Help with treadmill maintenance

Post by Boss Man »

I suppose the manufacturer couldn't help you, but I'm not sure if you have tried them or not. Not to state something potentially obvious, but sometimes it's the obvious that people overlook.
Tystick
STARTING OUT

Post by Tystick »

I have tried that. Looks like the manufacture is no longer in business. :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not sure what you could do then. Maybe if you put something like this into google images.

"Galyan's Tracker 2710 user manual"

If you can find a page that lists or details it, there may be some point of contact for getting a used manual.

Also have you tried googling the words "tracker 2710" and seeing if the company got bought out, instead of going bust, as they may have been acquired by a larger company and then the name of the machine may have been changed slightly, to add the new companies name on all old Galyan products.