5 Reasons to Ditch Your Cardio Kickboxing Class for the Real

Post important and accurate fitness articles, reference materials, research studies and findings here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

prashantopaul
STARTING OUT

5 Reasons to Ditch Your Cardio Kickboxing Class for the Real

Post by prashantopaul »

Hey everyone! I made an article showing the benefits of training real kickboxing over cardio kickboxing.

I want your honest opinions/criticism as I'm hoping this article can eventually get some widespread recognition. Any help would be appreciated! Here it is:

http://controlkickboxing..com/ ... eal-thing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: 5 Reasons to Ditch Your Cardio Kickboxing Class for the

Post by Alinshop »

Read your article and you make some good points, but not all Cardio Kickboxing Classes are full of fluff. The gym I belong to has a real kickboxing coach teach their cardio KB class and it is almost a tough as the real thing. Guess we are lucky!!
prashantopaul
STARTING OUT

Post by prashantopaul »

Alinshop wrote:Read your article and you make some good points, but not all Cardio Kickboxing Classes are full of fluff. The gym I belong to has a real kickboxing coach teach their cardio KB class and it is almost a tough as the real thing. Guess we are lucky!!
Hey Alinshop!

Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear that you take classes taught by a real kickboxing coach. As of late (with the popularity of kickboxing and mixed martial arts through the UFC) some martial arts instructors are tapping into the world of cardio kickboxing by teaching real kickboxing classes tailored towards fitness. Unfortunately, it's still a rarity. While they may call these classes "Cardio Kickboxing" they're quite a bit different from the ones the article talks about.

Thanks so much again for your input! Train hard! :)
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Yes, I completely agree w/ what you are saying about the gimmicky classes/programs being offered. Seems like everyone is trying to capitalize on the all the latest fitness crazes, so people should def be careful on what they are spending their money on!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I am currently doing both. Kick boxing and Cardio kick boxing. I think both have its own good points and I like both. Yes, you made some good points and kick boxing is much harder when kicking and punching the paddles/bags and even burn tons of calories. The place I go to train MMA and jiujitsu. So, they are pretty hard core there. Majority of the time… I work out with the men.

However, I do like cardio kick boxing as well. I take that class at the gym. I find it great for cardio it’s almost like HIIT. Turbo time gets your heart rate up and low intensity gets your heart rate down. It’s popular because it’s fun and entertaining. Majority of the of the time it’s women… the fact that they are actually having fun working out and not sitting doing nothing is pretty darn good! :wink: