What do you guys think of what this guy has to say about TBT

Post important and accurate fitness articles, reference materials, research studies and findings here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

well in opinion i think hes kinda right. TBT i guess wouldn't be as good if you're trying to be a bodybuilder. but bodybuilder train for appearance not performance. in opinion TBT is much better for performance though. thats just what i think i could be wrong lol.
silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

tho TBT training does shape u pretty nicely :D . i've been on the waterbury method for about 2 months now.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you need to have quite the foundation base before doing split workouts as they really improve your "quality', not mass or strength really...

strength is king and all other components build off that (endurance, hypertrophy etc)...at least of your strong then you can simply change a few training bits and peices as well as diet and grow as much as you want but if your big and then want to get strong it'ss take you ages
TheFitRebel
STARTING OUT

Re: What do you guys think of what this guy has to say about TBT

Post by TheFitRebel »

I've tried split training ever which way 'til Tuesday and It's always let me down.

I dunno, maybe I'm just not built for it or something but I always gain best strength, performance, size definition and any other positive when I work the entire body as one solid and strong unit.

I'll probably give splits another shot at some point but so far it's been nearly 7 years without losing something once I start splitting things up.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What do you guys think of what this guy has to say about TBT

Post by Boss Man »

You can call it sods law or law of averages :wink:. I've heard guys who think pyramid training works great, but I tried it years ago and it didn't feel right. Mainly because you either get one good set and two sets that feel so-so, or if you're lucky two good ones and one so-so set, but never three good sets, so it feels dissapointing, when you go home and feel like one hours workout, has pushed you as much as half an hour would.

Maybe it's horses for courses, or maybe pyramid training only works with horses, either way, meh :P.