Flaxseed Article

Post important and accurate fitness articles, reference materials, research studies and findings here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Flaxseed Article

Post by Boss Man »

Just to summarise about something. research indicates about 2 Tbspns, of powdered Flaxseed has 3g Protein, 4g Fibre and 5g fats, so it is quite calorie rich.

However the artcle suggests mixing powder and Flaxseed Oil, but other research indicates, that some commercially sold Flaxseed Oils, can become rancid, potentially a bit toxic, and lack some of the Phytonutrients and Lignans in the seed, and owing to the richness in calories, I would suggest limiting the consumption of Flaxseed powder to about 2tbsps mixed with other things, and you'll get the bulk of the nutrition, even if you might get a little less Fatty Acid content than you'd get in the Oil.

Click Here
Bratts
STARTING OUT

Post by Bratts »

I use ground flaxseed (we keep ours in the freezer, I had read not to keep it in the fridge) and take a oil capsule nightly. Oddly I use flaxseed for an issue I have wih eyes (dry eye/oily production). It has done wonders for hair and nails! :)
scorpioscopes
STARTING OUT

Post by scorpioscopes »

I use Linwoods , a mixture of milled flax , sunflower , pumpkin and sesame seeds and goji berries .. 2tbsp contains 6.2g protein 5.9 g fibre and 13.4g fat ... Nurture by nature
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Is that a Seed and Berry mix, or some kind of oil or liquid supplement, made from those ingredients?
scorpioscopes
STARTING OUT

Post by scorpioscopes »

Boss Man wrote:Is that a Seed and Berry mix, or some kind of oil or liquid supplement, made from those ingredients?

its a seed and berry mix cold milled nice and fine