24 hour fitness: Any Good?

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Lunkor909
STARTING OUT

24 hour fitness: Any Good?

Post by Lunkor909 »

Hi guys. I'm sick to death of school gym. I want to go somewhere else, but the only gym near school is 24 hour fitness. I'm not familiar with it, is it worth going to. On the bright side its cheap, and I found a deal online to make it cheaper.

http://www.studentrate.com/StudentRate/ ... scount--/0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you think its worth going to, or should I just go to school gym?
hleeyang
STARTING OUT

Re: 24 hour fitness: Any Good?

Post by hleeyang »

i think it's a decent place to workout, but they aren't all identical. so you should see if they give those 7 day trails that they do in our town and check it out for yourself.

also it depends on what your school gym is like. the gym i had in school didn't have enough of anything and closed too early for schedule.
iamtreadmill88
STARTING OUT

Post by iamtreadmill88 »

24 hour fitness is decent, but a little snobby, I hate gyms that a bit full of themselves...
Lunkor909
STARTING OUT

Post by Lunkor909 »

I signed up and I think it is really worth it. Can get crowded at peak time but I love the flexibility of going whenever you want. Would definitely recommend that gym if you are trying to save some $
BeyondGymWalls
STARTING OUT

Post by BeyondGymWalls »

24 hour gyms are awesome simply because they are open 24 hours. Key thing is to find a place where you can do what you want to do as far as strength train. If they are limiting you on the kinds of exercises and fitness styles then I would walk out!! There is a place called Planet Fitness where I live and they don't allow you to do any kind of power lifts or use heavier dumbbells over 75lbs. They have their reasons but I think its dumb. Don't limit yourself to being inside a gym though. There are tons of things you can do outside of a gym and in your own backyard that will pack on muscle and get you looking better then you could ever imagine. I encourage you go beyond the walls of the modern gym and explore what else is out there!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

I go there sometimes and like it.
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

Why not try it? If you won't like it, you can quit and go back to the old one.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

If you won't like it, you can quit it.. Just don't stop the workouts. :D :D