Balancing weight loss and training! Help

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Lola456
STARTING OUT

Balancing weight loss and training! Help

Post by Lola456 »

Hi all!
I recently lost around 37kg mainly through diet! With some mild cardio.

Now weight loss has plateaued at 64kg. I can't lose anymore weight from cutting calories and I don't want to as I obviously want to have enough calories to sustain a healthy diet, however, if I eat what seems like the "normal" 2000 calories a day a female needs the pounds creep on day by day. The the next day I eat very little to balance it out which makes me hungry. So I eat a lot one day a little the next to maintain this. Its a vicious cycle

I have decided to start exericsing ,strength training. But I don't know how to begin with what diet plan! I don't want to eat too much for the amount of exercise I am doing, please can someone advise me on a decent plan

Currently I do spin class 4 times a week mon-thurs
I don't do any strength training as yet how many do I need to do to tone up and do I need to eat more food on these days? Thanks for anyone that can help!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Balancing weight loss and training! Help

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Lola, good to talk to you.

Firstly congrats so far, but as for what you are doing the calories seem okay, so I would not increase them at this time on any of your days.

I think you would be doing too much spin class stuff perhaps, in conjunction with starting weights, so I would go with this sort of schedule if you intended to do weight workouts focusing on the whole body 3 times a week.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Spin

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Spin

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off

This is a better way of doing things I think especially with the days off, because if you did 5 days of exercise, then 2 days off in a row, the 2 days might possibly cause a tiny amount of regression, then the next 5 days mean you have to start from a catch-up position.

I would try this approach for the next 4-8 weeks and see how you get on.
Vegas Jon
STARTING OUT

Re: Balancing weight loss and training! Help

Post by Vegas Jon »

First off looks like you are doing a great job. With that said, there is no such thing as "toning" up--only lowering your levels through a calorie deficit which you seem to have down. Lifting weights is a much better way to burn calories (squats, deadlifts, etc.) and will allow you to eat more as well.