Fat Burning and Lean Muscle Building

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

mesavant
STARTING OUT

Fat Burning and Lean Muscle Building

Post by mesavant »

Hello, I am interested in losing fat and trying to put on a bit of muscle at the same time. I am wondering if anyone would have pointers as to how to do this properly, the female way so to speak. I am afraid that if I take the wrong supplements or do too much lifting I will end
up looking like a guy, which is not the goal. I want to achieve a bit of the shredded look but have lean muscle if that makes sense. I have been researching and thinking of using a couple of things, one to really burn the fat, which I have been looking at here, http://www.fat.home.blog
and also buying a program for help in training and actually building muscle, I believe it's called Body Transformation Blueprint.

Has anyone already gone through the process of trying to achieve the same fitness goals? Would choices possibly work well? I think the latter may well be what I am looking for and he seems to know what he is talking about but has anyone tried this or could maybe recommend something better?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fat Burning and Lean Muscle Building

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Mesavant, good to speak to you.

Basically avoid it. It contains a click bank link, which is just trying to get you to part with money in ways you don't need to and as for anything that says things like a weird or strange tip / trick, avoid those they are extremely dubious, as is anything that says lose weight by never eating this vegetable or cutting out this popular food.

If you need any sensible advice about eating and / or exercise, just ask us :).
shapingthefit
STARTING OUT

Post by shapingthefit »

Hey!

First, it doesn't matter how hard you train, as a woman, unless you take steroids/hormones, you will never look like a guy, you body simply doesn't produce enough testosterone for that. So no worries, you can work your off with weights, and you will only get hot. :)

Second, building muscle and losing fat at the same time doesn't seem to work on a long term, there is a reason why everyone uses bulking-cutting phases.

Third, this blog seems to be another scam that only seeks to get money by selling some BS miracle program. Come on. :) Use a classic bodybuilding method, and you will be fine, ;)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It should be said though that bulking and cutting can work simultaneously, as you can build muscle and burn fat at the same time, but as you say in order for a man to gain 40 or more lbs of muscle, whilst getting as lean as he could on a cut, is very hard or nigh on impossible without an oral, trans-dermal or liquid based stimulant.
mesavant
STARTING OUT

Post by mesavant »

I thank you all for responding and appreciate the advice very much. I guess what it comes down to is just finding the right way to go about doing it. I think I just freaked myself out a little from looking at the women bodybuilders. I just didn't want to look like that but I realize they probably use all kinds of bulking supplements. So, just hit the weights is basically what I should do and that may very well cut at least half the fat I'm guessing. I will look around on the forum to see what kind of routines are being done.
Robinio
STARTING OUT

Post by Robinio »

I stopped lifting weights for about 6 months, and then tried a body recomp.

It is certainly possible. I had a DEXA scan before, and after, and I did add muscle and lose fat at the same time.

I tried re-comping a few months later to see if it still worked, and unfortnuately not. In fact, I actually lost quite a lot of muscle the next time I tried, so it really is something that works really well for newbies, but not so well after.

If you're new to lifting, or coming back after some time off, or an injury, a re-comp is the best way to go as you can kill two birds with one stone, rather than trying to cut and then bulk.

Hope this helps!
rawpersonaltraining
STARTING OUT

Post by rawpersonaltraining »

Fat burning and lean muscle building are two different fitness goals. It’s a well-established and well-proven fact that food supplements can accelerate the rate of the fat burning process provided you exercise regularly and stick to a healthy diet. What I suggest is you should hire a personal trainer in your area. They are aware of all technical details of exercising, nutrition and lifestyle. Remember an investment in your health will never be a costly affair as prevention is always better than cure.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

However fat burning and muscle building can occur at the same time up to a point. Some people think one cannot happen in conjunction with the other and that is not true.
JessRed

Post by JessRed »

Don't discount your nutrition during this process, it can make a lot of difference.