Questions About the Forum

The place to suggest new features, or report problems with existing ones.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ziah
STARTING OUT

Questions About the Forum

Post by ziah »

I frequent a few forums, and a bunch of them have hidden subforums that you can only access once you reach a certain number of posts. Is that the case with this forum?

Also, what's your average daily traffic on here? It seems alarmingly dead :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Questions About the Forum

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there Ziah.

Well I'm not at liberty to discuss traffic stats publicly or with anyone other than the other Admin, but this site does get quite a bit of traffic, but like any site if fluctuates on a daily basis, despite this site not having one of those 150 post a day, 30,000 member kind of setups.

However some forums even after 18 months cannot even manage 20 members and can boast less than 10 posts in total, whereas our forum has existed for over 8 years now, with some members posting well in excess of 1,000 times.

There are no hidden forums on here that are accessible when you post enough times or get enough rep. Many sites using that facility are often trying to hide talk about steroids to prevent the law enforcers reading that stuff easily.

Hopefully that answers your questions.
ziah
STARTING OUT

Post by ziah »

Thanks for the details! The forums I frequent are all ones where it's possible for one member to make 150 posts per day all on their own (possible... not recommended though :P ) so it's a bit weird for me to be on one where I refresh the page and it looks exactly the same.

And I never even thought of people discussing illegal activities in hidden subforums, but it makes sense given the nature of this forum in particular. Thanks again for the info.

Cheers!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

We have never openly banned talk of steroids on here, we just never really get any discussion of it, as almost all adult members are females, or guys who don't use anyway.
ziah
STARTING OUT

Post by ziah »

Boss Man wrote:We have never openly banned talk of steroids on here, we just never really get any discussion of it, as almost all adult members are females, or guys who don't use anyway.
I'm digging the amount of female users on here. Very cool. It's definitely what drew me to join this forum, so many of the other ones feel distinctly masculine and intimidating!