Running

The ideal place to discuss running or ways to start. Anything from clothing, equipment, technique and race meets goes.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Running

Post by rohanjain »

Running is the best way to reduce weight.It is helpful or not.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Running

Post by Boss Man »

No it is not the best way to reduce weight, it can help but it is not the best.

Diet should always be factored over exercise and then exercise accompanies diet.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I've followed 4 people (one of them is myself) that ran while overweight. really they were all obese with 100 pounds to lose for each person. Only one didn't have an injury that i know of after including running in their workouts. Not saying it will happen for sure but you definitely increase your chances of injury while running and trying to lose weight. probably depends on how much weight you have to lose!

Actually if i count edgar on here that is five. Edgar did lose weight but he did complain of foot problems and knee aches. He seemed like a tough person so not sure how much or if any of an injury he ever had.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Boss Man wrote:No it is not the best way to reduce weight, it can help but it is not the best.

Diet should always be factored over exercise and then exercise accompanies diet.

True statement right there.
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

sure .everyone knows running is good way to lose weight and very good for our health but the matter is it hard to continue especially for those who don't like exercises . walking is better for me
Megan29
STARTING OUT

Post by Megan29 »

Running is a great way to lose weight. I have lost weight since training for The Perkins Great Eastern Run this year. I would also say your diet is a big part of it too.
gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

Post by gymcelia2016 »

i think running is one of the best ways to first get you motivated, when i first wanted to lose weight i was a size 16 so didnt want to go straight to a gym with all the gymheads, so by running i didnt feel as insecure, so id say its a great was to first get yourself into fitness but there are better things to do!
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Boss Man wrote:No it is not the best way to reduce weight, it can help but it is not the best.

Agree with Boss Man. But I have to say that when I first started a fitness journey, running was the first exercise I relied on.
BT_Nolan
STARTING OUT

Post by BT_Nolan »

There’s a fine line between losing weight and losing performance. Think of weight loss like tackling an ultramarathon. It’s not a sprint. Expect results, but expect them to be slow and steady instead of dramatic. With that in mind, there are a few ways to bust through a weight-loss plateau if you’re already putting in the miles but not shedding the pounds. The best way is to be in the workout suit that is provided by the born tough. https://www.borntough.com/blogs/news