lower back pain

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

roger2_you
STARTING OUT

lower back pain

Post by roger2_you »

I currently work out in gym 6 days a week. I have a well balanced body but there is a pain in back. I have a severe lower back pain while getting up in the morning and then pain slows down a bit by evening whats the reason? Can any one explain me the the reason of back pain and some measures to cure it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: lower back pain

Post by Boss Man »

Spinal issues, or possible development of a lower back disorder like Fibromyalgia or Ankylosing Spondylitis.

You might be causing some kind of muscle imbalance. If you're getting lopsided development in the Multifidus or the Erector Spinae muscles, (Longissimus, Intercostalis, Spinalis), where the ones on one side get stronger at a greater rate, perhaps from inadequate technique or doing exerxcises that use both hands at once, like Bar or two handed Cable exercises, where one side becomes "lazy", causing dominance of one side and relience of the other.

You may be doing adequate Stomach and Oblique work, but inadequate work of Multifidus, E S, or Quadratus Lumborum muscles. Thus the lower Back can't support the front core properly, as you're causing a significant strength difference between the two areas.

You could correct any lower Back problems, if it's a case of neglecting it, with things like Deadlifts and Good Mornings, to get it up to speed with the front Core. You may not be doing any exercises to build it up, but these should when done properly.

If it's imbalance issues of the the Lower Back muscles, I.E one side is stronger than the other, use things like One handed Exercises like say Dumbbell Deadlifts, so one side cannot become reliant on the other or Lazy, meaning you get a more even balance of muscle taxation, not an uneven balance. With muscles like E S and Multifidus, both sets should work equally when trained, same as any pairs of muscles should.

If it's a basic technique issue, causing added strain to the lower Back, correct it. It might be using too much weight and / or only using partial range of movement, or incorporating a little bit of twisting / torsion into the movement, where none should occur, causing mild strain to one side of the body.

You may also be getting an issue simply be an inadequate posture when siting or lying. This can be corretced with special chairs, beds, or simple basic adjustment of physical positioning whne seated or lying.

If you are developing a Chronic Back disorder, you'll need a doctors consultation and meds. The Meds may become a life long thing, so don't rule out a CBD, if your experiencing early symptomology

Chances are it's one of the aformentioned other things and not as a result of disease, or autoimmune problems, (Immune system turning gangster and attacking the body).
roger2_you
STARTING OUT

Post by roger2_you »

Thanks Boss man for your suggestion,
After reading so many ways that can affect back, i probably feel the pain in lower Back is due significant strength difference between the two areas, the back and stomach. I need to work out equally for stomach, and do more cardio exercises.

Thanks again for your valuable time and reply.
FreddieJ
STARTING OUT

Post by FreddieJ »

I use CBD, you should read this article it is really interesting. CBD can be used for lots of pain issues and has no side effects like the meds the doctors give you. https://www.caligold.co.uk/can-cbd-help-back-pain/