congestive heart failure

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

congestive heart failure

Post by musculArgirl2 »

two of relatives had this. One was 59 and and the 89. Any thoughts on congestive heart failure.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: congestive heart failure

Post by Boss Man »

In what respects?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Are most people doomed to get it if they eat badly and fatty food sometimes??
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I wouldn't say so no, however many conditions can sometimes depend on stuff like genetic markers, I:E, does it run in the family, is there any gene in the persons DNA that could have some kind of inbuilt mechanism triggering some sort of degeneration of one or more areas of the body?

In many cases however conditions of the body occur as a result of other factors like diet, working environment, trauma from accidents or accidental or deliberate human intervention, or side affects from medicines and also input of substances into the body.

There is are direct and proven links between heart health and weight absolutely, but although two relatives had CHF, this should not be presumed that it is a genetic problem, that could resurface in you, as it is two people and not say 4-5, so this could be a coincidental thing.

That's not to say it is not a genetic thing, but it might not be, however all this highlights is the pressing need for weight reduction, as even if your weight is linked to a potential heart problem in the future, it can also be linked to other problems and in order to have the best chance of avoiding those problems, or if they are already in the early stages of onset, stem the progression or stop them from getting worse, prudence and expedient action regarding weight loss should be observed.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

thanks boss. i want to get a heart health check up set up. just to see where i'm at. not sure if i should or just focus on losing weight and see gp.