help - motivation

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

roohi.thakur
STARTING OUT

help - motivation

Post by roohi.thakur »

Hi,

I joined today. I am 40 years old and at 190 pounds. I have been struggling with weight loss last 15 years and managed to loose about 20 pounds 4 years back maintaining it at plus minus 3 kg now and then. I need to loose another 40 - 45 pounds.

I am at a stage where I feel extremely fatigued all through the day. I am addicted to food, junk food, big qty, sugar and u name it all. And the word is nothing short of addiction as I get withdrawl symptoms when I try or mind plays games each time I try and cheat everytime. I am scared of excercising as it bring in aches and pain. I am embarrased to enter a gym as I look tooooo big. I want to make small start but a consistent start, something I can keep up with and gradually build. I have very little stamina right now. I have read the inspirational stories but I dont know what would work for me to make a small start but a regular one that I can transform into bigger tomo.

Please help..
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: help - motivation

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Roohi, good to talk to you.

Firstly, don't worry about the gym, it could be a big ally in your attempts to lose weight and keep it off and fear of going there because of your weight could potentially hold you back and you're being unfair to yourself, so I'd really consider doing that.

As for what you're eating at the moment what times do you eat and what food do you eat at those times.
jeanrose770
STARTING OUT

Post by jeanrose770 »

If you know that the bad food and sweets is the basis for this issue, then its down to how much you actually mean how much you are saying.
If you want to have a body that you are not ashamed of, then you have to stop giving in to the instant self gratification through eating bad food. It is easy to replace the junk with something healthy but still tasty. A fresh juicy apple with honey and peanut butter is DELICIOUS! and sweet, even really good for you! Fresh fruit is always yummy to snack on. Cut up a few fruits and make a fruit salad, even a bit of whip cream. There are many options for healthy light snacks, and google is at your service.
As well as youtube. A workout can be way easier in the comfort and non-judgmental privacy of your own home. How fortunate are we to have the awesome and huge variety of workout videos FREE on Youtube.
The excuses are not there anymore once you start to think of solutions.
You really need to decide what you want the Quality of Your Life to be. And if you are really serious about it, nothing will stop you from making the changes you need to in order to accomplish your goals.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

jeanrose770 wrote: Fresh fruit is always yummy to snack on.
I think it would depend what it was. If someone was chewing on a bit of tangerine then yes, but if they were gnawing on a lump of marrow then probably not :funny: :funny:
tracysimmons2
STARTING OUT

Post by tracysimmons2 »

I don't think you need motivatoin, you need discipline :thumb: 8)
chempe
STARTING OUT

Post by chempe »

Action = Motivation

Get moving, be consistent, and be grateful for the blessings you already have in your life. Gratitude will help balance your hormones and help you with your fitness goals. Good luck!
Samberry
STARTING OUT

Post by Samberry »

firstly, I think being on here is a great first step. By surrounding yourself with people (even just online) will help you change your mindset into a healthier one.

I wouldn't rule the gym out if I were you. I go really early in the morning and there's only a hand full of people in when I'm there. So if you're embarrassed, you wont need to be. It also helps that the people that go to the gym early are committed and not likely to snigger or laugh at you because of your size.

Exercising first thing in the morning is great because it will give you more energy for the day and I read somewhere that it also speeds up your metabolism during the day.

As for the food, I know it can be tough to change your eating habits. I would steer clear of any extreme diets if I were you. Consider just making some small changes to your every day diet. One of the most important changes I made when I first started living healthily was the change to whole meal foods (namely just bread, pasta and rice). It seems small, but it really did wonders for me. If you change too much in too short a window then it's easy to get overwhelmed and resort back to your former self.

You can get the body you want! You deserve the body you want! All you have to do is continue pushing forward. If you struggle with the first few steps, watch a few inspirational speakers on youtube (Eric Thomas is a personal favourite of mine), make a motivational soundtrack that combines short speeches and songs to listen to, and download a lot of motivational quotes and messages to your phone and go through them every day. I'd even set them as your background and screen saver. There are some on here that I use a lot :).
http://v8juice.co.uk/motivational-messages/
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

Kudos for having the determination to shed more weight. Start with smallish gentle exercise and gradually build it up, you'll be surprised as to how quick you see a weight reduction, good luck.
RjMaan
STARTING OUT

Post by RjMaan »

One thing you should in mind that everything is possible in this world and all you have to do it to make small goals and achieve them. Focus on balanced diet and also take green tea. You should also have a proper time table of exercises as well.