ligament injuries in both ankles

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kimmi26
STARTING OUT

ligament injuries in both ankles

Post by kimmi26 »

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I would very much appreciate any advice anyone is able to give me. Basically I was doing squats and lunges as part of exercise regime however after a recent injury I have torn all the ligaments in right ankle which required surgery which was undertaken 2 weeks ago. I have a cast on the right leg for this. The left ankle ligaments are partially torn and I am in a moon boot at the moment. 

Basically question is: are there any exercises I can do, perhaps floor work, that doesn't require me standing up. I am allowed to partially weight bare on left leg but not at all on right. I basically don't want to lose hard work I had done by gaining a bit of a bottom. Haha. So I am looking for exercises to work bottom and also upper thighs as sitting down constantly is taking its toll and I am chomping at the bit to get up and do something. 

Thanks again in advance.

Kim :) x
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: ligament injuries in both ankles

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Kim good to talk to you.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you get better as soon as is possible.

Have you considered doing lying leg curls and supplementing them with leg extensions sitting on a chair, as that might be a way forwards and then you are training the hamstrings and the quads in a equal way, so as not to promote a discrepancy in the strength and size of them.

You could do the curls without any weight, but just try not to make contact with the floor and the injured leg, or leave a folded towel on the floor where the foot will land and then when the foot touches it, then begin the next rep, but you'll be touching something soft for a brief period.