Doing brain in I workout so hard but not losing

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Doing brain in I workout so hard but not losing

Post by Nutterlie22 »

:huh: I know muscle is denser than fat so scales are not really a good indication of weightless/body shape change and mine do have a fat monitor on which I average out through out the day coz it gives different readings according to when I weigh myself. I still have 6 pounds to lose till target.

Now I don't mind saying this as I'm not ashamed of condition but I have bipolar 1 rapid cycling makes you manic swings are quick so they have finally found a combination of meds that have really sorted head out and that I'm happy about but these also have severe side effects worst one rapid gain of weight now I experienced this on a previous drug I was on then I said I can't go on like this I'm fat miserable what's the point. So I changed meds again and worked hard to lose about 35 pounds since November off that other drug!!!
All was going well but the drug they put me on sent me into a manic state for the last few months no sleep ever anxiety paranoia loads I just want a normal life oh and I've had so much energy I've been exercising n weight training like a demon like I used to years ago....people thought I was nuts. Well anyway I did aload of research about antipsychotic drugs for bipolar and sleep disorders I get between 1.5 and 4 hours a night (got an app on one to record it) and told doc about one I found that I thought would help me I've tried practically everything else do she said Nat, you do know this one can cause weight gain too etc but I need the sleep I'll deal with the weight gain by diet/fitness - unfortunately so I've read from googling all night at times this might not even work.... I'm gonna keep going though it's 3rd week on drug weight gone up n down frustraitingly and I'm so careful what I eat and how much to train. But head is working at last, what price do I have to pay for this???? Btw all skinny clothes ive had for years fit now some well loose lol but for how long :cry:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Doing brain in I workout so hard but not losing

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK, stay strong and try not to worry too much okay :).
Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Post by Nutterlie22 »

Thanks B I know what to do but if the drugs are to blame myself esteem will be shot to pieces. I get a real buzz out of training which obviously helps the depressive side but I don't get that I get mania it's great at first but there comes a time when your mind and body says ENOUGH!!!
Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Post by Nutterlie22 »

:clap: woo hoo I've lost 2.5 pounds I'm down to 127 pounds I won't let anything beat me!! Having a day off training today and just plan tomorrow's day, like you say one day at a time!!!
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

Congrats! That's awesome :) Just stay positive and channel your emotions into your training- getting fitter and stronger, and better than you were yesterday. I can't imagine how challenging it must be for you but it sounds like you're on the right track :)