Chronic rhomboid pain

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

static_jacket
STARTING OUT

Chronic rhomboid pain

Post by static_jacket »

I've been lifting for quite a while now, but a few months ago I started noticing some pain in lower left rhomboid. It seems to be a trigger point, one of the lower two. I use a foam roller before every work out, and I've been using a theracane since the pain started. Even using the theracane, the pain hasn't gotten better, it's maybe even gotten worse.

I'm curious if other people have had this problem, maybe I'm not using strict enough form?

I would really like to get rid of this pain, it seems to be holding me back. I'm worried if I take time off, I'd loose all the progress I've made so far.

Any thoughts?
static_jacket
STARTING OUT

Re: Chronic rhomboid pain

Post by static_jacket »

Also, I sleep on right side and drive a lot for work. Don't know if this info adds to anything significant.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Chronic rhomboid pain

Post by Boss Man »

It may be related to form yes.

You may find that rather than stop working out you reduce what you lift on certain exercises, so if you do things like bent over rows, military press, romanian deadlifts, shoulder press, shrugs etc, that you cut back on what you're lifting and see if using around 40%-60% of max lift, will over time sort the problem out.

So essentially you'd need to be cutting back on exercises that would provide some primary or secondary stimulation to the area in question.

Otherwise you may have to consider going to a Doctor.