Looking at alarm clock when sleeping.

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CastletonSNob
STARTING OUT

Looking at alarm clock when sleeping.

Post by CastletonSNob »

I've developed a habit of looking at the alarm clock if I'm not asleep in 15-20 minutes.

I also look at the alarm clock until it hits 10:30, when I try to go to sleep.

Could this be why I have trouble sleeping?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Looking at alarm clock when sleeping.

Post by Boss Man »

Possibly. You could be fixating too much on it. It would seem prudent therefore to consider ignoring the alarm clock. Perhaps leave the alarm function on, but turn the clock away so you can't see the time on it, because if you have set it correctly anyway and it's on, you won't have to be concerned about it not going off, unless the battery suddenly went dead.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

I used to do this too! I found that it impacted sleep quality as every time I looked at it, I would count how many hours sleep I had left, thus stressing I couldn't fall asleep. I now sleep with the clock face down on bedside table and ban myself from checking it!
XxJassyxX
STARTING OUT

Post by XxJassyxX »

Ashy123 wrote:I used to do this too! I found that it impacted sleep quality as every time I looked at it, I would count how many hours sleep I had left, thus stressing I couldn't fall asleep. I now sleep with the clock face down on bedside table and ban myself from checking it!

Same here! I also used to count how many hours of sleep I'd get. I still have the problem sometimes and it's difficult to stop myself from looking at the time, but I just put the alarm clock some distance away from bed so that I'd have to get out of bed to look at it (still close enough to hear it though). This also made it easier for me to get up in the morning and kept me from turning it to snooze all the time.. :D