Shoulder pain

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

BigBoySonny
STARTING OUT

Shoulder pain

Post by BigBoySonny »

hey...
well it started when i was benching 140 the spotter didnt help me rack the bar i thought it was racked left side wasn't it came down i caught it befor it went on chest but it done something to left shoulder.

every time i incline i get a pain now but thats seemed to be alot better now its only when i do like 42kg dumbells pain comes back.

the thing i need help with is i cant do flys or dips is there any other stuff i can do to replace these?

or could any 1 recomend a top chest training routein

sorry about the spelling)
ketchuplover
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ketchuplover »

Have you seen a doctor? Have you thought about seeking a legal remedy for your pain?
bkoman
STARTING OUT

Post by bkoman »

I agree with ketchup take some time off and go see a doctor if it continues to bother you. Shoulder injuries aren't to be taken lightly. I suffered a shoulder impingement and a delt tear 6 months ago and im still healing from it, because I was stubborn and continued to lift on it while I was having pain. The pain was severe for about 3-4 months and after physical therapy i've had to slowly up all weights, and im looking at about another 2-3 months before I make a full recovery. So take it easy and go get it checked just to be safe.

Hope all goes well!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

did you get it checked out or do you asume it's a rotator cuff problem (which it probably is)?

either way, it's good you're staying off exercises that cause pain (dips, flies), there's no law that says you have to domthem...

i'd ease off most straight bar pressing too or at the very least deload every 4 weeks when you do do it...don;t bb shoulder press and bb bench press in the same cyle

plenty of push up replacements to choose from too

also read these:

shoulder savers by eric cressey
push ups, face pulls and shrugs by mike robertson
getting a training effect when injured by tony gentilcore

http://www.uponlinetraining.com/services.html
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

son had surgery on his rotator cuff - serious tear. During the physical therapy using no heavier than 10lb dumb bells he tore another area that isn't something that can be repaired, it needs to heal on it's own. He may need a full year to recoup and even then he won't be able to use that shoulder again without issues. Lifting will be a thing of the past and for "Iron Man" type son, it will be very difficult! Be VERY careful !
BigBoySonny
STARTING OUT

Post by BigBoySonny »

thanks alot for the answers everyone alot of help =]
how you all doing?