WOW February 16th to 22nd

Laugh about, live and enjoy being over 50, or talk about those over 50 even if you're not, because aging doesn't have to be a chore.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Well a sad day with the passing of Leslie Gore....one of favorite songs and one that father would yell at me to find a new song to sing LOL

Hope you all are doing well.

Well off to go work some more on photo blog...setting it up and all. Just wanted to be sure that I started a new week for us

Sue
RockinCWife
STARTING OUT

Re: WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by RockinCWife »

Hello ladies. Today was a quiet Monday at work. I will probably have to take some paperwork to a different county tomorrow. It should be fun. I am really liking new job. :) I know that the body transformation challenge is a little weird being 9 weeks. That is just the way the timing played out with this one. It is the first one our area has done. So far there is over 50 contestants.
DH washed the truck today, and tomorrow he is going to take rig in for an oil change. I am going to go get pictures and first weigh in numbers done. I started up food journal again today. I know that it will definitely help keep me on track.
I just wanted to pop in and say hello!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning all,

Yes that is so sad that Leslie Gore has past . I still and will always love the oldies . At least you can sing along with them and understand what they are saying.

Not much happening here . I am getting ready for Sister in Law and Brother in laws visit . They will only be here for a few days and then we are off to Biloxi for the weekend. (next week) I realized yesterday that I only have two Dinner plates. You know with the house being on the market I only have the bare necessities here in Bama . Lucky that I remembered that I have a set in the garage preparing to sell at next garage sale so will get those out and washed up. So all is good . I will have to purchased a few things for while they are here but it is what it is . They are coming from Maryland to Port St Lucie , then to the villages and then to our house and after that Atlanta and then back to Maryland They sold their home in Port St Lucie and I now think they are having regrets. (too much traveling for me ) Well I need to get busy here . I slept until 5 (yes I know but I love the morning hours) so am a little behind in morning ritual .

BBL
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Bama,

I so agree Bama, I can't even figure out what they are saying in so many of the songs today, as we have Fallon on after we finish watching our game shows and he has these "groups on" that OMG that they even call it music is embarrassing LOL

OMG Bama, 5 a.m., is way too early for me LOL I hope you found some plates and a blanket too. I remember your talking about them selling their place. I am with you, I like to stay put in one place, hence our 16 years in the same place LOL

I see posts on the old thread from last week so headed over there.

Have a good night,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

:clap: iHi Sue, I found the new posts! :bugeyes: Thought I lost you all:) Posted stuff on old forum too of course. Happy shopping and drivers also:)
Sounds like your job is great Angii and 9 weeks is nice, not too long you know:) Best wishes on that too.
I didn't really get much done today but the usual stuff. Guess winter that is freezing gets me down. :chilly: Should go town tomorrow but who knows with temps probably below 0 all day. Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone? Bama, I need to get down to maybe 6 plates etc. and get rid of so many I don't need also. I use a lot of paper plates as it is around here. Easier :lol: I've been watching Rizzoli and Iles or forgot what the 2nd name was but I think new one is coming on so their having the ones leading up to it. I think you know which one:) Anyway, hope you all have a very good night and a good peaceful sleep also :thumb: Whoops, thought that was a candle there:) Bye now :wave:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Morning. Been up a lot it seems tonight with Jade and she kind of took over place in bed so got up at 4 and figure I might as well stay up to make sure no call in and then go bed. Don't know if I'd go work anyway as SO cold out there and highs of below 0 now for a few days with lows of -18 and more at night and not wind chill either. :chilly: :chilly:
Oh, forgot to say also about the singer Lesley Gore as I remember singing her songs a lot also Sue and Bama! Especially her big hit:) Kind of young to die too?
Have a great shopping day Sue!
Well, I'm sure feeling tired now so keeping fingers crossed about the phone ringing. Have a great day everyone! Did post a bit on old forum also that is still up? :coffee:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning ladies,

Yah sorry about Jade and hope no call in today. Wow this is cold . It is cooler here also but nothing like Michigan and Ohio. Two of favorite states.

Have a lot to do . Need to start grocery list for the company that is arriving Sunday. They will be here until Wednesday . I am looking forward to a degree to the visit. It will be nice . I get along well with SIL but she talks so low that I have to strain to hear what she is saying and hearing is perfect (according to the Doctor) She will want to take in a movie and I just hope they have morning shows during the week . When I first moved here DD and I went to a movie and within 10 minutes of the showing they stopped it and started it over as they had more people coming in to see it . Can you believe that. Very true . That's the South for you. The guys will play golf a few days so that will keep them busy . Maybe she will want to go shopping but she doesn't do thrift stores . I will take her to the mall probably . Well I need to get to making out list .

Have a great day all.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Glad you found us YAH. Yes I saw all the great pics and posts on the old thread. Answered there. Oh we loved Rizzoli and Isles too, but it takes so long for the seasons to come to come out and Netflix didn't have the disks. Such is life. Again hugs to you and Jade.

Bama, I see you had a busy day yesterday and crazy about the movie.

Will check old site later today as see not many here.

Well off to a long busy day,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good day all! Guess I get used to checking old one first so posted there too:) I said that we had a low of 40 below 0 and when Dh went work later at 7:30 a.m it was 33 below, this is the actual temp! with a bit of wind, who knows but it is too cold! I wasn't going to answer for work anyway. Should at least start up van today as it was last Sat. the last time it was running. Dh went work and upstairs now for most of the day I guess. At least he didn't have to be outside much today. People are out but they have nice warm snowsuits or work outfits and the real good boots also.
Would love to have your temps Sue and Bama:) But even 30 above would be great!
Hoping everyone enjoys their day today and keep moving I guess is all I can do:) Yah
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Oh YAH, you poor thing......know that I knew exactly how you feel as Rochester got that cold and more and I know you area can go even lower too. Any wonder why we moved here...that was it...especially after it being one of the worst winters ever our last year.

Hoping you can stay warm inside, bundled up and give Jade a big hug and lots of kiss from her auntie Sue!

Well I have more "stuff" to do, wishing you all a wonderful evening,

Sue
RockinCWife
STARTING OUT

Post by RockinCWife »

Hello ladies! I signed up for the challenge last night. :) end date is April 22nd. I am super excited. I am LOVING new job. I did not have to deliver stuff to the other county the other day. Tomorrow I get to help get DH's desk all set up for him on Monday. I am so happy that things seems to finally be settling down, and going in the correct direction. It was a year from Heck last year, and I am just hoping that I am not jinxing anything by being happy. :) I just wanted to pop in and say Hello and update all of you who are not on FB! :sunshine:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Oh Angii, I am so so happy for you too...I will send you an email with Happy Dancing lady as tried to put an image up here but not working...so will give you a :clap: clapping smilie instead. I have every confidence you will do well on the challenge. Hoping sister and Charger are doing well. Give Charger lots of love and hugs from his auntie Sue.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a nice weekend.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all, Again it got to 33 degree's at the coldest actual temp here this morning. I am hoping a little warmer tomorrow as I do go work but at that time in the morning, who knows? Guess I better try van today at least since it has sat there since last Sat. Maybe some snow in the forecast too.
Angii, great to hear that things are moving along and you both work at the same place then:) How's your DS doing? Charger keep her company then? Good wishes for your challenge also!
Jade is not doing too well as she is kind of throwing up watery stuff. No wonder the sheet on floor by bed is wet. I know she goes in litter box to go as it is a lot to clean up every few days:) But, I think its getting more to end for her. Haven't seen her eat too much lately either.
Sue, have a good day also and anyone else who see's these posts, enjoy your day! :wave: :coffee:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hugs, YAH; I am praying for both of you that when it's Jade's time, she just peacefully slips away. Hope your van will start in that weather! :chilly: It's cold here, but nothing like yours. I think we were at 1 above this morning, and about 18 now. You'd probably be out in your t-shirt in this weather!

Happy weekend to you, too, Sue! :wave:

Wonderful to hear you so happy, Angii! Will you actually be working with Cody then, not just in the same company? Congratulations on starting your challenge; I'm looking forward to following your progress. :thumb:

Bama, that's pretty funny about them restarting the movie for latecomers. :D

Looks like our old meeting place had been torn down now. Oh, well, onward and upward, right??

DD came so I could go out this afternoon. I needed some waterproof pillow covers for DA, so picked up those as well as getting to the grocery store and putting gas in car. DA is still spitting. I've already changed her shirt and sheets twice today. I tried towels around her face, and a bib, but she just seems to move them out of the way. Her blankets need washed now, too. I hope this gagging stage passes quickly. She sounds like something from The Exorcist, trying to make herself vomit by coughing, and her room smells awful, especially because it's so warm in there. She will say she wants to eat, but then will just take one tiny bite and start the retching process. I wish I knew what to do for her. The visiting nurse didn't have any suggestions, but maybe the hospice nurse will when she comes on Monday. :cry:

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening~ :sunshine:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon ladies,

YAH I sure hope it warms up a bit more tomorrow and your van starts too. Very sorry to hear about poor Jade.... hugs, love and prayers to you all. Like Molasses, I am hoping when it's her time, she slips away quietly, also.

Thanks for telling me Molasses, as I was going over there after I left here.

Glad you got out for some shopping today Molasses. Hoping DA stops the gagging also. I too, hope the hospice nurse has some answers and suggestions for you....HUGS and prayers to all of you.

Well I am off and hope you all have a nice night and weekend,

Sue