WOW February 16th to 22nd

Laugh about, live and enjoy being over 50, or talk about those over 50 even if you're not, because aging doesn't have to be a chore.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi Molasses,

Oh I wanna come to your house for dinner...I just love shrimp....but I am the only one....Chuck is NOT a fish eater.

Have a wonderful time with DD and SIL tonight.

Thanks I got it all done.....here it is:

Our wedding, our first and then second apartment and then after our wedding we redid the basement and moved in with Chuck's mom and dad. His dad was thrilled as we paneled, but flooring down, got a stove, frig etc LOL

Well off to check mail and then nap time....tired had a very busy day....as you will see in email.

Good night to all,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hope you all had a very Happy Mother's day out there :clap: And all the furkids mom's also :D Loved the pic's Sue!! They are great and you look gorgeous in them:) Love the pets etc. also:) Wishing you a Happy Anniversary also :sunshine: I do hope its a nice day for you and enjoy it all. Its cloudy here and only in 40's and 30's at night and maybe rain or snow in future :x Sure hope any buds etc. don't get killed with the cold. Have a good night all :coffee: :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Morning Wowsters,

Had a terrific weekend . DD and spent Saturday and Saturday night and all of Sunday with me . Son and Family came over also on Mothers day . DD and and I went on a hike at the Dam so I got down there finally . It was busy with a lot of people picnicking and playing yard games and such. So a nice weekend . Time to rest this week. LOL.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Sue. Some darn good looking people in them.

Yah, hope you got to see your boys yesterday .

Mo, I see you did get to see you DD at least .

Hope you all had a wonderful and Blessed Mothers Day .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Chuck loved the pic and message I sent him, and Amazon charged our card for our joint gift of Walker:Texas Ranger and for $14 less than it was too....so can't beat that. Not feeling that great as tummy started last night and I stomach is all bloated, so a very light breakfast this a.m., followed by some walking.

Thanks YAH, yes we love our furbabies and that for the compliments too. Was I really ever that young LOL

Brr in your neck of the woods.

Bama, sounds like a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day. And thanks for the compliments.

Yes, Molasses, I hope you and DD had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Well I am off to a light breakfast, some walking and ????,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I did have fun with DD and SIL, and his mom, too. We played Boggle and watched some old home movies. Lots of laughing! Between that and listening to DD on Sat. night, abs got a great workout this weekend! She was so funny, telling story after story.

Glad everyone else enjoyed their day, too. :sunshine: Now I'm off the computer and getting some things done!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Oh Molasses your time with DD, SIL and his mom sounds wonderful. We love Boggle too...oh and home movies.... parents had a slew of them of me being I was the first born and then added sister after her birth. They played them for everyone....I wanted to scream...LOL

Yes, I would imagine all the fun times and laughter gave your abs a workout.

Hope your day went well,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just popping in to say HI and I guess we're all into the work week again:( At home or work, its the same in a way. Went to meeting Mon. and ended up the whole afternoon up town and saw oldest DS when he got off of work. I was going to do more than wash clothes there but after meeting I figured I'd visit this one resident at work as she likes to talk when I'm delivering clothes out there but we don't have time then so I went there but I hardly got a work in edgewise:) She talked of past and all and I found I had spent an hr. and a half with her listening. But maybe I made her day anyway:) It was mostly about the past but I had to give her water sometimes just to make sure she didn't dry out her mouth too much. So I put off hair cut until Thurs. with an appt. this time. Mother's day was not so good as no sauna as no one had cleaned the ashes out or found any wood. I could clean it out but its a heavy thing in there now and since I can't squat very well.....The stove before at least had a drawer I could open and not have to lift a Heavy grate somehow to get all the ash underneath. So, a rather not so nice day as I wasn't very talkative anymore either. If I would have known that, I would have gone elsewhere the night before:)
Anyway, glad you got to the dam Bama and I imagine that would be a crowded day also:) Mo, happy to hear you had more time with your DD and all the laughs also:) I iamgine you are still getting used to not having your DA there in some ways.
Sue, you have such good pic's of the past there also! Funny but I guess I was never used to having a pic earlier on and never took pic's much either as no one ever took of me when we were kids and teens etc. Tried more with younger kids I think but seems Dh was always away so not too many of us at all. Hope your weather where you are is all good? WE have had some rain, then snow but not too much so far at least. Its about 40 but in 30's at night but hopefully wouldn't kill the buds and all. No blossoms here yet but some of the grass is turning green although not enough to mow at least. Still looks like Fall out there:( Have a good evening and sleep well also and I hope you are feeling better now Sue also? :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

YAH I see you had a busy day, but a nice one too at son's, plus got your washes done and got to spend some time with the furbabies too. Glad you got to see your favorite resident too, even if it was a "one sided conversation" for that day....happens sometimes, they need someone to listen to them. Sounds like a lovely lady. Oh I am sure you made her day. Having done many years of volunteer work with the elderly....they and the kids were favs. Sorry about the hair cut being missed but hope you can get it done on Thursday and HUGS on Mother's Day.

Oh parents took a ton of those old movie pictures of us growing up and I have some of me and Papa Joe and dad and mom in early years on Long Island.

Plus a bunch of Polaroids since one year I got a Polaroid camera for birthday/Christmas present.....I was so so happy as I had wanted one so bad, but knew they cost a lot of money. Of course, sister as usual ruined surprise....I thought mother was going to kill her LOL

Sorry about the lack of pictures.

Hope Spring comes soon to your neck of the woods.

Finally feeling a bit better today, thanks, YAH.

Well off to check mail, breakfast, workout and dusting....before Martine gets here to the bathroom sink LOL

Have a good day,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Day all! Its a one day sunny blue sky day and then cloudy for the rest of the week:) So will enjoy the 50 temps and back to humid I guess maybe with the rain. Glad your feeling better Sue and I see your getting some bathroom work done too. Dh still hasn't put the new faucet I bought for our sink in :( Not sure when I'll get that in and the old rusty one is leaking even a bit. I see him going and checking on water at a house for sale and all but nothing here. He isn't getting paid for that even anymore. Lady is looking to sell the house at way too high a price with no new septic etc.! Well I hope everyone is having a nice day and enjoying plants and flowers and all? No flowers here and with the Cold and snow a bit too yesterday, I'm hoping it wasn't enough to kill the buds. Have a beautiful day everyone! :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Just getting back on line since first thing this a.m.

YAH, glad it's a nice day there for you and nice temps....sorry about the humidity. No bathroom stuff done today.

Sorry about hubby not getting the faucet in. Bummer on the cold and snow and the poor flowers.

We are getting major snow storms in the mountains here tomorrow and Friday and lots of rain here too, they say...sure hope they are right.

Well off to get some on line stuff done since I have been off till now.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Have a fantastic day everyone! Its suppose to be partly cloudy today and maybe get up to 60 degree's. At least a little warmer wind than yesterday. Dh is at work but will be off very soon. I am going to town and get hair cut or whatever and stores maybe and son's later. Hopefully sit in the park a bit but don't think I will get all the way to the lake today:( Since the hair place if in work town. Hope you get more rain Sue:) And have a nice day and do hope your feeling great and had a good sleep also:) Wishing everyone out there a nice day for being outdoors also. take care. :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

You have a great day YAH, enjoy your snipping and chit chatting at the beauty shop too, plus have fun shopping and stopping by your son's and playing with the furbabies and just have yourself a nice YAH day....you deserve it.

Bama, Molasses and Dianna if you are checking here at all, have a nice day.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hope you enjoy your haircut and your town-time and son-time, YAH. :) Sorry about your DH not wanting to do things around the house. :( Sending hugs your way.

Sue, glad you have some home videos--I think they give a better idea of who we all were than a still photo. I always thought Polaroids made such nice pictures. I am very unphotogenic but if I ever did have a good picture of me, it was usually a Polaroid. :tongue:

Hi, Bama--hope you are having a nice day!

There's a baby bunny living in our front flower beds. I saw it the other day in one bed, and then yesterday in another. Today I was opening the door to take seedlings out for the day and I startled the poor thing and it hightailed it for the forsythia bush. I haven't seen a mom, but that was the same as happened last year.

Beautiful weather today. I have two loads on the clothesline which always makes me happy. :sunshine:

Have a great day, everyone~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi again ladies,

Getting ready for some off line work so wanted to stop by and check in....

Molasses, I never liked to get picture taken and oh the home videos were parents, not us...though we had a video camera back in Sacto but don't know if we still have the stuff we did of Alex (the original Marley)....

Oh I loved Polaroids too.

Poor bunny....

Hope your day goes well.

Well I am off....

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fitafter50 wrote:Hope you enjoy your haircut YAH.
Don't let them use a bowl to cut your hair, you deserve better than that, so keep believing in yourself and remember your own worth :).