can you do to much cardio

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chopper123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

can you do to much cardio

Post by chopper123 »

as above can you do to much cardio or not
i need to lose a stone atleast and was wondering
is an hour cardio every morning and then a bike ride about 5 mile at about 6pm every day
is that to much
or am i ok to do so and will i notice the pounds drop off fast
eating rice and loads of protein
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: can you do to much cardio

Post by Boss Man »

Rice is okay, as it's got Amino Acids and Carbs, but it's high GI, so don't go mental with it. Best times would be a moderate portion first thing when bloodsugar is low and after workouts, when it's lowered.

When you need Carbs, go lower GI like Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomato, Peppers, Beans, Cashews etc, but remember that Mushrooms and Legumes like Beans, have Protein and Carbs, so factor that in to your Carb and / or Protein intake, when adding such foods to meal choices.

As for exercise, don't do the bike ride.

Stick to the morning Cardio and have something first; no Cardio on empty, it's V bad in opinion and may burn muscle and as a lb of muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories, burning it won't help you lose fat weight, but may eventually help put a bit back on. So fuel first then exercise.

I'd also consider limiting the duration of morining Cardio. Go for something non-adaptive like Intervals and max them at 45 minutes. You might also be advised to have at least 1 day off, preferably 2 for rest and recouperation.

Soif you go for 2 then I'd go 3 days on, 1 off, 2 days on, 1 off, so the off days aren't back to back which could eat into progress if they were and you never go more than 3 days straight of intervals in a week.

Sound okay ?
chopper123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: can you do to much cardio

Post by chopper123 »

yes cheers mate will follow that see how i go thanks