Diet control

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sani.kat
STARTING OUT

Diet control

Post by sani.kat »

Hello, I am 5-8 and 135 pounds.. I am in a good shape but i really want to drop fat and get toned...i want to be 128 lbs.. i am working out everyday 45 mins.. but i am still not seeing any results.. because of diet.. its getting really hard for me to watch diet.. i crave for sugar, carbs.. can somebody suggest me easy, quick high protein, low carb recipes? I really need some motivation.. Thanks :-)

I am going to try best and will post after pic in 30 days.. :-)

here is how i look now

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Diet control

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Sani :).

Incase you're wondering, I altered your message slightly to include some stuff off your other message.

You basically posted the same thing twice, which could cause issues if people post here and others comment on the other similar post.

Hopefully this should keep all your questions and the responses together.

I hope you understand. I've just done this to make things easier for you and for us.

Take care and best wishes :).
sani.kat
STARTING OUT

Post by sani.kat »

hi Boss man, Doesn't matter. I dint know how the site works at first... so posted twice.. Thanks :-)
~Sana
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Working out everyday is not really advisable unless it's for things like Ironmans, Marathons etc etc.

In your case a couple of days off would be fine, to rest.

You can do this an example schedule.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

Of course as stated, this is just an example, not a must do regime.

Also in order to alter weight at your level, it would require a few tweaks not a major overhaul.

What do you eat and what times do you eat?
sani.kat
STARTING OUT

Post by sani.kat »

Thanks brentboy!!

@Bossman
I make vegetable juice (celery, tomato, spinach, beet, carrots, red pepper). problem is I hate to eat same food again and again.
I usually bake chicken breasts and keep eating them.. but i hate it...
Since today I have decided that im gonna have 3 shakes everyday and 2 meals with chicken.. I dont really eat that much sugar.. but I know that if i want to get toned and want to have dream body I cant afford to eat sugar at all...I sometime get chocolate covered almonds and get carried away with them(eat like 10-15 everyday).. its almost like eating candy... I also cannot avoid coffee.. i need min 2 cups of coffee/day...
I want to know what do u guys do when its your time to eat and you don't have food? I get hungry and start eating carbs... I really want to know some easy recipes for high protein low carb meals... thanks

About workout routine:

I workout monday to friday. I have started going to the gym at 630 AM. I try to get some cardio i the evening at least 3 time/week.
I do crossfit.. I love using kettlebells...

~Sana
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The crossfit is fine.

The stuff about meals is not that explanatory as I can't see how what you said fits into a daily schedule, but I'd say don't waste time on the 3 shakes thing, weight loss shakes are just low calorie things with loads of vitamins and minerals put in as something to brag about, ut your body needs calories to burn for exercise.

Sedentary females need 1,800 calories a day if preferable, so add a few hundred more for basic exercise and you're looking at 2,100-2,200 approximately.

So 6 meals a day, with around 350 calories a meal approximately should be fine, or alternatively 450 in meal 1, 350 in meals 2,3,4 and 5 and 250 in meal 6.

Fast simple Meals include things like Omelettes, with things like Ham, Mushrooms, Low Fat Cheese, Spinach, Tomato.

Low Fat Cheese and Peanuts

Soup.

Ham, Chicken or Turkey Sandwiches.

Stir fry with Pork, Beef, Chicken or Lamb and things like Peas, Beans, Sliced Peppers, Mini Corn Cobs etc.

Whole- Wheat pasta with Minced Beef.

Pan Fried Chicken and Rice.

So there's some good options for you.
sani.kat
STARTING OUT

Post by sani.kat »

Thanks Bossman!