Best cardio exercise

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Coleman2011
STARTING OUT

Best cardio exercise

Post by Coleman2011 »

Hey...
Guys what do you think which is best cardio exercise...??
share your opinion with me...
Michealleo
STARTING OUT

Re: Best cardio exercise

Post by Michealleo »

Hi the best cardio exercises are swimming , running , jogging , walking and cycling . These exercises are best for lossing some weight and body fitness . Cardio exercises are also best for preventing Heart diseases .
codynlaw
STARTING OUT

Post by codynlaw »

Boxing is favourite cardio since it's a lot of fun :D
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

Yeah I would go with swimming, it's the best cardio exercise and works your whole body.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

However it can become an adaptable exercise medium, meaning it may lose efficacy and become less beneficial if the body gets used to it.

There are ways to counter this though.

1. Change the cadence and / or stroke style per week.

2. Change the cadence and / or stroke style per session.

3. Change the cadence and / or stroke style per width / length.
jacal1
STARTING OUT

Post by jacal1 »

I vote for boxing, especially kick-boxing. problem with swimming is that unless you are relatively good a/o go relatively fast it is more a great toning exercise than a real cardio one. It's fantasic for your muscles and will get you in nice shape, but it will not get you winded unless you go fairly fast. Water walking (or jogging) works well actually...

site: Fitness and Home Remedies
Jentry07
STARTING OUT

Post by Jentry07 »

High Intensity Interval Training is a really great cardio exercise, targeting fat loss!
Stephen_D
STARTING OUT

Post by Stephen_D »

Yes, I agree with jacal1. For beginners, swimming is best for muscle toning as most people quickly get tired before they can really work up a proper sweat. Compare this to running, where someone new to the activity will be sweating within a few minutes (depending on general fitness levels, of course).

If weight loss is the goal of cardio, then it is imperative to work up a sweat. That's not to knock swimming as a great low impact workout, though (which, as I said, is great for toning).
lacespace
STARTING OUT

Post by lacespace »

Running is the best cardio exercise. Have you ever watched runners and seen how tone their bodies are? This is the best thing you can do for yourself but it not only is healthy for you it also increases the substance in life. It motivates you naturally and helps balance our your hormones. I wrote a blog about running and you can visit it at http://www.woodburywisdom.com/family/ ... ther-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

One issue running can cause, aside form things like Plantar Fasciitis or Shin Splints, is potential degredation of the Knees, due to running on hard surfaces. This can happen to road racers sometimes who run constantly to something like Olympic standard.

Also some of those who run might look "toned", but they don't necessarily have good bone or muscle conditioning, as many do light or no weightbearing exercise, so having good cardiovascular health when old is nice, but if you start to get a few unwanted bits of Myalgia or Arthralgia in the Muscles and joints, it's not helpful.

Good weight training, coupled with a running mentality can provide boosted results and a more all over anaerobic and aerobic effect, that can last through to old age.

Running is however a very effective form of cardio and shouldn't be overlooked as an option.
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

I would have to say that swimming is the best cardio exercise. It works your whole body instead of just your legs.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Swimming is good exercise if you know how to swim correctly and have a pool.

I think cross country skiing is good too. When it's snowing and you have ski's. :wink:

Also inline skating is really good exercise. It really works your legs a lot! i think it actually builds muscle too. in the legs and back. It burns the calories too without the stress of something like running.

Really it comes down to what kind of cardio you enjoy though that is most important for the best cardio.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

musculArgirl2 wrote:Swimming is good exercise if you know how to swim correctly and have a pool.
I'd hate to see someone doing the bad type of swimming that doesn't use a pool :wink:.

I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm presuming it would involve either a hot tub or a jacuzzi and the process of treading water.
Joety
STARTING OUT

Post by Joety »

I prefer aerobic and hiking....but both can be bad for knees....:(
bennyb84
STARTING OUT

Post by bennyb84 »

Since this is first post....I would say when it comes to cardio, swimming is a great exercise but the most fun workout for cardio is doing bear crawls. It gets your heart rate up quick and it doesn't take long to get tired out. If one doesn't have the space to do it (which you can go to a park) and would rather be indoors I have found high volume squats of different variations to get the job done. best record is 1050 squats in 56 min. That's cardio to the extreme.

http://powerandmight.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;