Need a home work out

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jessielynn85
STARTING OUT

Need a home work out

Post by jessielynn85 »

Hi i need some tips on a workout at home i use to workout at a gym running spinning swimming free weights the works it was really nice five days a week 2 to 3 hours a day. It was easy to be motivated because once i got there i had nothing else to do but workout but a year later a way to many pounds up i feel like im starting all over i have no energy im really out of shape ive gained weight and i have no idea on home workouts i thought about insanity workout but im worried it could just discourage me since im kinda already dowm on myself as it is its hard to find the time to run outside because its so hot outside i only have morning or late evening. I enjoy weight training and the information i read about insanity seems to build a lot of muscle any tips would be great and i will always take so diet tips i use to just watch what i eat but i think its going to take a little more effort then that now thanks everyone for reading rant and thanks for any advice i get
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need a home work out

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there, good to converse with you :).

This might suit you, if you want something for home based working and it can be done without weights.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good Mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Seated Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical Flyes, (sitting on a chair, using a Pec Deck style motion), 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You could do this 3 time a week every other day.

You can also increase the intensity of this workout, by finding a couple of books of as equal dimensions as possible, as this should then make them as equal in weight as possible.

Hopefully this helps and if you're unsure about some of what's posted, let me know and i'll clarify for you :).

As for the motivation however, then just remember how much you are worth to yourself, the world and those around you and how much living a long and as painless and physically able life as possible can mean and if you want to go back to the gym, then you'll get back into the swing of things, by getting someone to help you set something up which might look something like this.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this. The weights section is similar to the workout I posted above.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Barbell Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

An instructor would be able to help you.

If you do Cardio, you could be looking at interval training for 30 minutes a time, or maybe something like Sprints or HIIT.

So your weights and cardio schedule could look something like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

If you were considering a home based weights workout and wanted to purchase equipment, I suggest this setup.

1 long Bar approximately 10kg, (22lbs), in weight

2 small bars around 2.5kg, (5.5lb approx), in weight

4x 5kg, (11lb), weight discs

4 x 2.5kg, (5.5lb), or 4x 2kg, (4.4lb, (Depending on what type / make the shop sells)), weight discs

4 x 1.25kg, (2.75lb), or 4x 1kg, (2.2lb, (Depending on what type / make the shop sells)), weight discs

1 rubber mat, (optional)

1 Swiss ball, (optional)

2 rubber bands, (optional)

1 Medicine ball, (optional).

1 Bench, (for chest work), preferably with the metal attachments to rest a long bar on.

1 Squat Rack, (optional).

You won't need anything else.

You'll be able to create a maximum weight on the long bar, (bar weight included), of around 45kg, (99lbs).

On the small bars around 20kgs,( 44lbs).

So this much weight will be more than adequate to get you going and progress.

You could then use the example Gym weights workout I suggested, at home. The optional things listed would be for variations with stretching or stomach work, or in the case of the Squat Rack, squats, but you can do those with the two small bars.

Hopefully all of what I wrote in this message makes sense. As I say, anything you're unsure about or want to ask more about just ask :).

I think you are DEFINITELY worth the time and effort you want to try and give to yourself and you seem like a really, really lovely person with an endearing personality and I hope you can make what you want happen for you, because it's every females right from birth, (genetics permitting), to be happy and healthy and more importantly strong and female strength not only provides the sort of physically capable old age, many females deserve, but is healthy and can be very good looking and can enhance the appearance of a female, so don't be concerned with stupid sterotypes, ignorance or myths, surrounding muscle on females, as it's all garbage, based on misinformation and centuries worth of defining what a females body looks like, that is pre-defined by the mind of males.

I'm sure you'll achieve what you want and Shapefit can be there every step of the way if you want us to be okay :).

Best wishes and good luck :).
belgian
STARTING OUT

Post by belgian »

Hi

It seems to me that you are looking for home workouts that focus on cardio to lose some weight? I think insanity can be something for you, although it seems to be really intense. I have seen a video on this program. It's a combination of cardio and strength training without weights.

But I think easy, basic exercises can help too. I think about, as Boss Man mentionned, squats, lunges, planks, push ups, bent over rows...

As you like weight training I think you own a few weights at home?

You can use these in combination with cardio exercises. Think of shoulder presses - jump rope - push ups - jumping jacks

grtz
toddhicks209
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by toddhicks209 »

In addition to working out with small weights or books at home, you can do a full body isometrics routine and walk/jog in place or around the house. Spend some of your time walking around the house going up and down stairs.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Just makes you have enough spare cash to pay for the new carpet you'll need, when you wear the current stuff out in double quick time :funny: :funny: