Cortisol/Adrenalin Surges

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

milly
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Cortisol/Adrenalin Surges

Post by milly »

I usually workout early in the mornings e.g. 5-530 a.m. and have recently done a few HIIT classes early evening 6.30 p.m.
I have noticed that after these classes body has so much adrenalin or cortisol running through it, that I find it extremely difficult to sleep at night. body feels as though it is overheating on the inside and I am on a natural high. It is taking at least 48 hours for body to get back to some sort of balance. However, I am still continuing with exercise regime. So even if I do a class at night, I am still getting up early next day to do weight training.
Don't like the effect evening training has on body. Any idea what is going on? Not advisable maybe. I am in 50's :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Cortisol/Adrenalin Surges

Post by Boss Man »

Hey Milly, good to speak to you again and good to see you're still strong and working hard at it :).

I'm not sure what you can do about this, unless you do the HIIT in the mornings if you have a couple of spare mornings when you don't lift and assuming that won't mean training 6-7 days a week.

An alternative would be to ditch the HIIT and go for intervals, either that or reduce the intensity of the HIIT, do it for less time, or both.

However as you are getting these sensations when you do it in the evening, then I would say it's purely down to the HIIT and not for other reasons, like you developing some kind of hormone / hypothalamus related issue.
milly
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by milly »

Hi Bossman, Thank you for reply.

Yep, only get these adrenaline spikes in evening. May get them in mornings too, but too active with life in general during day to notice. Only aware of it when I am resting...and that's another story :lol:

Still at it hard and strong. Fitness I think is in DNA, could not imagine life without it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I've been proud of you in the past for what you've been doing with your life and I still am, so keep it up and please do keep us updated on how you're doing, because you're an inspiring personality and it's good to have female role models for others to look up to :).
milly
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by milly »

Thank you for your kind words :D