Over training - Playing x2 soccer games every weekend too much?

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

bn1234
STARTING OUT

Over training - Playing x2 soccer games every weekend too much?

Post by bn1234 »

How to cope with over training?
Im a 28 and play high level amatuer soccer for 2 different clubs, on saturday and sunday. Who said one game a week was enough? lol
i also train twice a week and have done this previously but obviously struggled with fatigue throughout the season. I do a bit of weights to get some muscle and core strength and take carb and workout recovery supplements before and after games, as well as creatine
But other than that, is there anything else i can do to help reduce fatigue and increase recovery time between sessions? Also is it a good idea to play on a sunday when i already feel like ive been run over by a bus?
Ive tried things like sports massages and ice baths which help a bit but would like to hear other peoples feedback and thoughts
Season hasnt even started yet and im already feeling it and starting to wonder if its a case of 'careful what you wish for'
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Over training - Playing x2 soccer games every weekend too much?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Bn good to talk to you.

I would suggest that you stop playing on either Sunday or Saturday, as I don't think it's helping you regarding your fatigue.

It could also be related to your diet, so what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times.

Also be careful with the supplements as some of them you may not need. Creatine for endurance is reasonable, but it's really a power supplement and it probably won't do much for you, unless you're a pretty hefty lifter. Been there, done that, but I'm not necessarily indicative of what will happen if you're not absolutely massive and use it.

As for the other things, I don't know what they are as you never said.