measuring jumprope

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Revrose
STARTING OUT

measuring jumprope

Post by Revrose »

Some time ago, maybe a year or so, Shapefit had an article on jump roping that included instructions on how to measure the proper length. I ordered one of your jump ropes but, after I got it I couldn't find the instructions on how to get the proper length. The weather is getting nice and I'm ready to work out. Could you please post the instructions? Thank you for your time.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: measuring jumprope

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Revrose, good to speak to you.

I just contacted the other Admin Kris about this, as I don't deal with the main part of the website or any of the financials or product stuff, so I am waiting to see what he chooses to do about this :).
admin
SITE ADMIN

Post by admin »

Hi Revrose,

To measure the proper length of the jump rope, stand on the middle of the rope with one foot and then grab the handles and hold them in front of you. The handles should be right below your armpits for the ideal length when you're jumping rope. To adjust the rope, you can pry off the end caps with a small screwdriver. You can then cut the rope to the correct length and use a crimp or wrap some electrical tape around the rope to hold it securely. I hope this helps explain how to find the best length and thanks again for purchasing our jump ropes :)

Kris
ShapeFit.com
Revrose
STARTING OUT

Post by Revrose »

Thank you very much! Very much appreciated. now if I can just get caught up on the mowing.......