Begging Cardio

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Yazzi.l
STARTING OUT

Begging Cardio

Post by Yazzi.l »

Ok so I'm starting the gym on Monday and im really lost as to where to start.

I'll give you a bit of back story I got really ill in 2014 and was near on bed bound for a long time which caused fitness, which was ok at the time, to plummet and now I can barely do anything fitness wise, even running 100 meters causes a bit of breathlessness. While I'm not huge but am still on a weight loss plan and want to exercise with it and just regain general fitness again I'm sick of feeling so unfit and unhealthy around people.

I really don't know where to start because of having such a low fitness level and some advice would be much appreciated.
Swoley1
STARTING OUT

Re: Begging Cardio

Post by Swoley1 »

You don't have to beg to do cardio, they should just let you do it anyway :bugeyes:

Start by walking. It will get your heart rate up and isn't hard on your joints. Then move up to something like the elliptical, a brisk walk, then maybe you'll eventually get back to running.

Go slow. You don't want to risk an injury that will really set you back.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The above post has some useful advice.

Another alternative would be go on an exercise bike, either a regular one or recumbent and then you could use a low level for a set time frame and increase the intensity every 1-2 weeks.
Yazzi.l
STARTING OUT

Post by Yazzi.l »

Literally just realised that I wrote begging and not beginning, what an idiot! :bugeyes:

Thanks for the advice will use that when I go to the gym tomorrow, much appreciated :D