Cardio to loose that fat?

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Faier
STARTING OUT

Cardio to loose that fat?

Post by Faier »

So I have been doing bodyweight Crossfit about 4-5 times a week for about 4 months now. diet has been great, and by that I mean I am not eating many bad things.

I have seen HUGE inprovements in strength. I can see definition in arms I have never seen before, and even in chest.

However, I have seen no fat loss. Its getting kind of discuraging. I have lost about 5lbs of scale weight, so with muscle gain who knows how much fat that actually was.

What is the most discouraging is the the fat loss around waist. I keep a weekly log of somone taping me in critical spots to go with weekly weight loss log. I tape neck, waist at the button, chest and hips.

waist has been a 40' for the entire 4 months, no dropage at all. I hold almost all fat there in waist and its killing me.

One of the questions I have is crossfit enough? I know that question gets asked a bunch, but I want to add more.

I am doing bodyweight crossfit, I use no machines, or barbells. Its just what I have readily available for me. I have been doing ring training. I am a avid cyclist and every weekend I do a 40-70mile ride. This is normally on day off from crossfit.

I want to know if adding more cardio will help or hurt? I do crossfit every day at 1600 (4pm) and depending on what i am doing that day it can last anywhere from 25-60 mins.

only free time is early in the morning (0545) and I was wondering if 30 mins of intense cycling is going to help burn that fat, or is it going to just hurt recovery process from crossfit? Not a day goes by that the pullups or pushup dont hurt body.

Last edited by Faier on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Cardio to loose that fat?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Faier, good to speak to you.

Firstly congrats on the improvements and secondly you've lost 5lbs, so allowing for muscle gain you will have lost fat, because as you say you can see definition now that wasn't there before as a result of the crossfit.

I am not sure loads of cardio is the answer to your situation, I think it would be more prudent to analyse your diet and see what happens, so what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?