Compact Treadmills

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

cpalmer1
STARTING OUT

Compact Treadmills

Post by cpalmer1 »

Hello all,
I"m new to the forum, but have been involved in fitness for most of adult life. With the recent pandemic I"m hesitant to head to the gym. I have a small apartment so not much space to workout at home. I"m looking at getting a treadmill that folds down, to save on space. There are several "compact treadmills" but they don't really fold down all that much. I did find this site targeted for women, but I don't care -> https://thetonedwoman.com/best-compact- ... r-running/
These are the size of treadmills that I'm looking for but don't know if they're of the highest quality. Anyone have any tips or using any of these.
Thanks in advance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Compact Treadmills

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there Cpalmer, good to talk to you.

Well one thing I would suggest is ease yourself in with some steady state for about a month, but then switch to something like interval training, because steady state has been known to lose efficacy for some people, when done repetatively 4-6 days a week, as the body sometimes adapts to it so it doesn't work as well.

interval allows the heart ate to fluctuate throughout a treadmill session, because of the varying of things like speed and incline, meaning the heart rate cannot remain at a constant BPM through the session.
Johanders
STARTING OUT

Post by Johanders »

I LOVE Running Pad! Easy to fold/unfold. It’s heavier than you would think, which makes it feel sturdy. Even with the weight, it has front wheels so it’s not at all difficult to slide under the bed when I’m done. Integrates well with iPhone and is very quiet. Overall, these are extremely easy to use and very convenient for me.
mark031111
STARTING OUT

Post by mark031111 »

Given your interest in compact foldable treadmills, I recommend checking out the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. This treadmill comes with a range of features including adjustable incline, various workout programs, and a cushioned deck for joint comfort