Questiosn on work out routine...

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sebbitt01
STARTING OUT

Questiosn on work out routine...

Post by sebbitt01 »

Hey - new here and I have been going to the gym since 3/30/09... I had 2 babys, a2 years old and a 1 year old!! YIKE... So I gainded about 65 pounds with number one, got to 217 (yikes agian) and then got down to 185 and preg again, but I only gaines 17 pounds with number to 9 it was hard to) so after I had her I was at 185 gain.
Since I have been going to the gym I am at 168... but kinda platued..
I just recently started this program...
Walk 4.0 for 5 minutes
Jog 5.2 for 5 minute
Jog 6.5 for 5 minute
Jog 7.0 for 1 minute
jog 7.5 for one minute then repeat... 3 to 4 times...
Followed by 35 minutes of weights, strength traing, ads, legs, arms, back etc.

Could somebody help with a rountin that will take me out of this pleatue??

Thanks!!
vamp
VETERAN

Re: Questiosn on work out routine...

Post by vamp »

weights first then cardio!

Day 1

Squats
chin-ups (to failure)
alternate DB forward lunges
bent row
bench press

3 circuits 10 reps each exercise one after the other no break. 3 minute rest between each circuit. If at 10 forall three circuits for body weight excercises then start adding weight to yourself by about 2.5lbs at a time.
stretch

day 2

HIIT 30 sec sprint 60 sec walk for 20 minutes (increase the setting each day you do this excercise so 2.0 the first then 2.2 the next then 2.4 the time after, etc.)
stretch

Day 3 rest

day 4

Deadlifts
Lat pull down
static lunges
reverse row (to failure)
push ups (to failure)

(same idea as day one -- circuit)
stretch

day 5

HIIT - same idea just not on treadmill.... use an elyptical or bike or stair climber (not a treadmill)
Stretch

Day 6

Cardio - this is more of a recreational type, so join a 45-60 class of some sort or swim for an hour or hike or bike. Do an activity for a minimum of 45 minutes you wouldn't normally do. By yourself or with friends. Heck play a pick up game of hockey or soccer.
stretch

Day 7 rest

Try this out for a couple of months and see how you do. Don't be afraid of using the "big" free weights you haven't got high testosterone so you won't build big muscles like a guy. Besides, muscle burns fat. Lastly, start using a tape measure and a camera every week or two instead of the scale. You're results are easier to track and they mean more. Sorry it took so long for you to get a reply.

Cheers
sebbitt01
STARTING OUT

Post by sebbitt01 »

Great thanks I will give that a go! I lost 1 pounds since this post, also I am down 2 sized so I know I have gained muscle!!

THANKS
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

That's great, remember you'll better track your results using a tape measure and a camera than you will by using a scale. If you measure your body about every 2 weeks and take a picture you will see the changes that are occuring as you go which is a boost of incentive by itself. As you have just said, you've only lost one pound but you have dropped 2 sizes! That is great!

Keep up the hard work, you're succeeding!

cheers
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Your little girls are soooo cute!!!! :D Keep up the good work. 2 sizes is awesome progress!!!! Be proud!
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Oh, and do what Vamp said about the progress pics. They are such a motivation booster! You can really see the changes each time you take pics! It definetly works for me. When I look back at the first ones I took I am like...Wow, this really works! Then I can't wait to get to the gym again. :D
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

sandigirl... that's awesome! Hope you continue to see great results and keep up the great work!