Hungry!

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mike_101Olie
STARTING OUT

Hungry!

Post by Mike_101Olie »

Every workout day I tend to be so hungry that I can stop eating almost every 30mins-hours.

I eat whole wheat toast and some penut butter in the morning then after I workout I drink whey/creatin mix with a protien bar.

I normally eat a big sandwhich or salad after that and maybe a steak or some other protien with vegtables.

I tend to be hungry so much that this just doesn't do me. But with the choice of food I have sometimes i have to use fatty foods and what not as a result.

Is it because body is using up all the food i eat to rebuild muscel?? If so what can I do to help change this?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hungry!

Post by Boss Man »

If you have been eating a lot of crap in the past, with high caloric amounts you may feel not full, because you would have spent many years stretching the stomach.

If you eat a more sensible amount of food per day, you will have the propensity to feel less full than before, but the Stomach should touchwood, shrink back a bit, allowing you to feel less hungry after meals.

Though it sounds like a slight lack of food too.

Your Toast and PB is a bit low. Try having another slice, or having something like Egg Whites and a Yolk, or some Chicken, Ham Turkey etc etc.

You also sound like you're not having anything later in the afternoon, assuming the Sandwhich is Lunch and the Steak and veggies is dinner.

So you could have things like Low Fat Cheese, Peanuts, Rice and Beans, etc etc, as examples of a between meal option.

These changes should help you feel a bit more sated hopefully.
Mike_101Olie
STARTING OUT

Post by Mike_101Olie »

Oh No I was just giving the basics I eat 4-6 meals a day.

Meal 1 Toast (1-4 pecies) with menut butter and banana

Meal 2 Tuna salad/Sandwhich

Meal 3 Chicken Salad/Veggie Pizza with chicken breast/Salmon/Lean beef burger

Meal 4 Hard boild eggs/Noddles with lunch meat/Home made nachoes (lean chicken, cheese, loaded with veggies)

Meal 5 Waffles with peanut butter/Fruit.

Typical day normally. But you are right I re3cently changed diet so I think it will take some time for body to adjust to the new format.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Have you tried having a shake before bed, or adding protein to your last meal? It might help you feel a little more full, and put off the hunger pangs until the morning.
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Mike_101Olie wrote:Oh No I was just giving the basics I eat 4-6 meals a day.

Meal 1 Toast (1-4 pecies) with menut butter and banana

Meal 2 Tuna salad/Sandwhich

Meal 3 Chicken Salad/Veggie Pizza with chicken breast/Salmon/Lean beef burger

Meal 4 Hard boild eggs/Noddles with lunch meat/Home made nachoes (lean chicken, cheese, loaded with veggies)

Meal 5 Waffles with peanut butter/Fruit.

Typical day normally. But you are right I re3cently changed diet so I think it will take some time for body to adjust to the new format.
Hi there,

What if we tried something like this:

Meal 1: 3-4 scrambled eggs, whole grain toast, banana
Meal 2: Tuna sandwich (whole grain bread) with veggies
Meal 3: Make sure youre getting some form of lean protein, starchy complex carb, and veggies
Meal 4: hard boiled eggs/whole grain noodles with natural lunch meat/homemade nachos with baked high fiber tortillas instead of chips, chicken low fat cheese and veggies
Meal 5: This needs protein... espcially if its the last meal of the day
Mike_101Olie
STARTING OUT

Post by Mike_101Olie »

OK I'll try that. Ive started to feel less hungry. I take a protien bar after work (11) and normally some water normally this helps me feel better. Ive been trying in incorperate alot of fish into diet as well normally I'll grill it.