Fructose IS The Enemy! I cut it and 55lbs in the process.

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

angela_mfm
STARTING OUT

Fructose IS The Enemy! I cut it and 55lbs in the process.

Post by angela_mfm »

Now I need your help!!

I recently overhauled diet to remove all white sugar, white bread, fast food, soda and anything else that wasn't natural and lost 55 lbs in less than 6 months. It wasn't until a recent conversation with a colleague who makes protein bars that I realized the real reason behind success was the lack of fructose! I had to share this information with you because it really was an amazing transformation for me. Here's what he said:

"Fructose (without fiber) is the enemy because it gets converted to fat by the liver faster. When it has fiber in it (like dates do) then it digests like it should and doesn't have that affect on the body. The dates have nutrients, enzymes, etc that the body can grab while it digests. So the fructose you get is NUTRITIOUS fructose but also that fiber slows absorption of the sugar and forces body to take it a little at a time so not to spike blood sugar which releases insulin. Now people usually over do this by drinking a giant smoothie from J**** J**** and that is frozen fruit for one as well as too much of it. So they get way too much sugar in one sitting. If you spaced the drink out over the entire day it would still be too much sugar from fruit in diet. http://www.fitsugar.com/Jamba-Juice-Breakdown-208410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See just one of these has your entire sugar requirement for the whole day with some being enough for 2 days. Peanut Butter Moo is enough sugar for 2.5 days in a row. Berry Fulfilling is a whole days worth of sugar almost."

I hope to be able to reach goal weight within the year. I'm planning to continue with the path I was on and follow the other tips colleague recommends here: http://papasteves.com/blogs/news/708911 ... to-reality" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I'd really like to know what works for you. I hit a plateau at 55lbs and have a ways to go yet before I'm considered at a "healthy" weight for height. Any insight would be much appreciated.