Brown Rice Protein

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

Brown Rice Protein

Post by gymcelia2016 »

Hello all

Has anyone used brown rice protein?

I would be interested to hear if it is any good in comparison to other protein products. I can get 1kg for £20 https://www.pricedropdonkey.com/cheap-h ... tion-deals which looks to be an okay deal.

Not seen brown rice protein before and would be interested to hear what it tastes like as well.
AlexisW
STARTING OUT

Re: Brown Rice Protein

Post by AlexisW »

Hey,

bear the following in mind - brown rice protein should be combined with pea protein for it to be classified as a "complete protein", meaning that it covers the full amino-acid (think of it as building blocks of protein) profile.

Combined it is a good source of protein, especially for vegans and vegetarians.

AlexisW
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

I use a brand called Prana. It is a rice and pea blend. I find that rice protein alone can be a bit grainy/gritty.
goffjuan
STARTING OUT

Post by goffjuan »

Brown rice protein is a good option for those who want to avoid dairy and those who are vegan.
BitGid
STARTING OUT

Post by BitGid »

I bought some brown rice protein at the grocery store a year ago and only used it a couple times because it tasted pretty bad in opinion. It taste kinda gritty, almost like I was drinking chalk or something lol. You should try it out though if you want, everyone has different opinions.
BidGid.com