Caffeine intake

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Caffeine intake

Post by oatsandsquats »

Hello guys. So I used to take supplements that had caffeine years back but took a break from it when I got pregnant. 3 years after, I'm still on a break from caffeine (no coffee, no anything) and this afternoon at work, I decided to have some green tea latte with a shot of decaf espresso as I've been craving it badly lately. Now I am feeling a little under the weather and head hurts. Is this because of a sudden caffeine intake (although decaf, I know there is still a bit of caffeine in it)? Is this normal? Has anybody ever experienced this before? Thanks all for your response
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Caffeine intake

Post by Boss Man »

It might be, but you should drink decaffeinated coffee anyway as one of the methods used involves a carcinogenic chemical, so you could be increasing your risk of cancer.
maxnout
STARTING OUT

Post by maxnout »

I also experienced the same thing after not drinking coffee for a couple of months and suddenly drink it one day again. I guess you just become more sensitive to the caffeine rather then someone who drinks it a lot and has become tolerate to the side effects it gives.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

It could be coincidence but it is true that your caffeine sensitivity is greatly impacted by how much you have and the frequency.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Almost certainly.
goffjuan
STARTING OUT

Post by goffjuan »

Caffeine consumption after a long break may be the reason but need to check for any other causes of a headache also.
PulseFit
STARTING OUT

Post by PulseFit »

This sounds more like dehydration than caffeine which is a bit of a dehydrate.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

PulseFit wrote:This sounds more like dehydration than caffeine which is a bit of a dehydrate.
coworker also said the same thing.. I know this response is a bit late, but I was experiencing the same thing at work lately and I've always blamed the cups of coffee for it. But I guess I was just not drinking enough water.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

However it could be the coffee also, as coffee is a diuretic.
ttugamer
STARTING OUT

Post by ttugamer »

Green tea shouldn't have too much caffeine unless they messed up and put a regular espresso in it instead of the decaf so I don't really think this would be from caffeine even if your sensitive to it after a long break. I always recommend having caffeine after you have recently had food, on an empty stomach caffeine can make me feel a bit off or even a little nauseous.