I overate yesterday!

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

SOLA
STARTING OUT

I overate yesterday!

Post by SOLA »

Hello, you can call me by username. I'm a 14 year old . I'm quite tall for age and i am currently 74 kilos/kg.

I was previously around 95 kilos but had journey on loosing weight and yes, it was a success. I got hospitalized last year due to complications with pancreas and liver. The doctors told me i really had to loose weight because it was affecting health a lot. I've lost about 21 kilos. They told me i didn't need to keep loosing weight as I'm already fine since I'm tall.

But do have some fears about gaining weight again though. Yesterday, i overate and i felt really full. The next morning i woke up, i felt like I have gained weight. shoulders were kind of a lot bigger, and in general, body. I don't really know how i gained weight just by overeating for a day?

I really don't wanna gain weight, if possible, i just want to maintain it. Is it possible that weight changes temporarily everyday? I don't really know. Did i really gain weight or is it just weight fluctuation?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: I overate yesterday!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Sola, good to talk to you.

Yes weight can fluctuate daily, because someone who has gotten up with an empty stomach and been to the toilet weighs less than when they have a stomach full of food and a fairly laden bowel and / or bladder that has waste in it.

So I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep doing what you've been doing up to now and you should see a general tapering off of the weight loss and you should be able to maintain weight if you're getting it right and allowing for one or two possible tweaks to your diet as you get a bit older.