Meal plans for fat loss?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jlynne92
STARTING OUT

Meal plans for fat loss?

Post by jlynne92 »

Hello, first post here and hoping I can find some help. name is Jamie. So problem is I’m trying to lose fat, about 40 pounds or so. I’m a diligent exerciser and I love working out, that’s not a problem at all. It’s diet that ruins efforts in burning fat. I’m a healthy eater but I’m order to burn fat I need a plan. Something that basically tells me what I can and can’t eat to lose weight. Meal by meal preferably. I’m not looking for a fad diet but just a fat burn meal plan for at least 2 weeks that doesn’t cost me a bunch of money or requires me to buy a whole book and have to get a medical degree to understand it. *sarcasm* Are there any diet plans (online preferably) that anyone on here has had success with? Every time I search for one it’s always some kind of gimmick or free trial. I did that 11 day diet meal generator that was around years ago and lost 40 pounds (having gained it back after bad eating habits creeping back and having a baby) but I realize it wasn’t the healthiest way to lose weight I guess. And it’s not longer available. But if I could just find the same kind of thing but healthier would be freaking amazing.... Thanks!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Meal plans for fat loss?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Jamie, good to talk to you.

This kind of system might work for you. It's something I've posted before.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts).

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.
dmart69
STARTING OUT

Post by dmart69 »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Jamie, good to talk to you.

This kind of system might work for you. It's something I've posted before.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts).

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.
You can also add green tea to your daily diet plans because it's very useful for weight loss or unusual fat reduction.
MikkelDK94
STARTING OUT

Post by MikkelDK94 »

Hey Jamie
How is your weightloss going ?

I have just joined here for maybe learning something I don't know.

But I will like to also give you help for long-term effect.
Of course this is pretty much the total basic package of WL -
*Go into a calorie-deficit ( let's say you need 2200 calories every day for maintaining weight, and if you go over that, you gain weight , if you go under that, you will lose weight - here I would suggest for whatever your calorie level is, I would say you should keep it maybe 200 - 300 from what you need)
*Learn to count the calories -> you know the labels on the sides of food package that say how much there is per 100 gram.
*Learn to eat low-calorie foods and to eat so that you become full from that - fruits, lots of vegetables (wraps, because you can stack loads of veggies in it)
*keep the dressing and HIGH calories of table for some time, of course you can have a treat ones in a while, but isn't it better to get the result first and therefore give you the treat after

*Do more cardio and of course support with strength training
-Cardio burns of more calories than strength t. BUT strength t. improves your metabolism, (the socalled afterburn effect) - but remember if you eat more than you burn of - then you will gain weight, therefore your metabolism wouldn't " matter" you know what I mean?

Hope this help you Good Evening
UKFitJim
STARTING OUT

Post by UKFitJim »

Nice will try some of these
BitGid
STARTING OUT

Post by BitGid »

Keep it simple. Basically 3/5 of a plate is veggies, 1/5 lean meat and I very small portion of carbs is ok. Honestly I tried to get carbs from veggies. Not bread, rice, pasta, or beer. If you like chicken salad, make a big batch of that on Sundays to eat throughout the week. ALSO keep some plain old cooked chicken for adding on top of salads and make or buy some lower calorie salad dressing. Buy a bunch of frozen veggies to eat with dinner. Hard boil a dozen eggs every week. Get some jars and make overnight oats or Greek yogurt parfaits for breakfast.

Don't try to get too fancy at first. Just keep it simple and easy.Keep digital meal planer to help you track your calories. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight.
AndyJackson1
STARTING OUT

Post by AndyJackson1 »

For me, I follow a simple strategy. I went from 165 pounds to 140 pounds just by making changes to dinner. I opted for a diet that is enriched with therapeutic herbs and spices such as Ashwagandha, Gotu Kola, Turmeric, etc. I found it has really helped me, especially if I eat it 2 hours before bedtime. So yes, dinner is the most important food of the day and taking it early and light help you accelerate weight loss