Read Before Posting To Save Me and You A Lot Of Time

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

garza
STARTING OUT

Post by garza »

One quick question about time. I notice you sleep a lot later than I do. I'm up at four and by six-thirty have finished work for the day, which is to write and record a few commercials and a commentary and upload them for a radio station in Belize City. What change in the suggested schedule would be best for the first meal and for morning exercise?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

4am??? insane mate, insane...finsihed at 6:30am too? tough gig that, time wise anyway

it should stay the same really...breakfast as soon as you get up...whatever meals to follow before training...insert the window plan whenever you train then protein, veg, salad for the rest of the day

nothing really changes, just where the window plan fits in and the time you eat...spacing, portioning etc remains the same

if you're not sure post your day in full and i can fit the meals in where they should be

p.s. please don't say you can't have anything to eat before work.....
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You can have tropical fruits, yes, but just be aware of a few things.

1. Watermelon is high Calorie High GI, so moderate it.

2. Fruits don't combine too well with other foods, so give Fruit 10-15 minues to digest, and with Cirus Fruits especially, as you may have a slightly compromised situation there, because Citrus and Cereal may possibly lead to Hyperacidity, which if so, could increase the possibility of GERD, (Acid Relux), and associated Heartburn. Something I read once about the two Enzymes for both competing.

3. You could try to get things like Pink Grapefruit, or Pink Guava for example. They are good, especially for the Carotenoid Lycopene, which has been touted as possibly anti-cancer, and also helps destroy skin aging free radicals, so it might help to prevent the possibility of things like Oxydative Stress, (potentially more damaging Free Radical activity from reduced Anti-oxident levels, or increased F R levels).

Also Pink Guava is the best source of Vit C at around 165mg's.

Mango is also a good one for Carb content, it's quite high, I think about 25g's approx from memory.

Some Fruits have lower, like Oranges, Tangerines or Satsumas, that are about 9-12g Carbs approx, and may require an increased Carb content from other non- Fruit sources to boost your morning Carbs up, particularly first thing when Blood Sugar is low.
garza
STARTING OUT

Post by garza »

Not insane, just habit. brain starts shutting down around three in the afternoon, and by full dark I'm mostly asleep wherever I happen to be. By four a.m. I'm wide awake, fully functional, and ready to work.

schedule is rather simple. Up at four, eat first breakfast, usually oatmeal with honey or molasses, write and record commentary and commercials and upload to yousendit server for radio station to download. I'm finished by about six-thirty and have a second breakfast, usually tacos from a street vendor and some papaya or cantelope. A large, freshly ripened, papaya will cost a bit over a dollar, Belize currency. That makes it less than 75 cents US.

Lunch is around 11 and can be almost anything. Often I eat at one of the restaurants in the neighbourhood. loft, in fact, is over a pizzaria. I almost always cook some red or black beans or split pea for dinner, seasoned with locally made Italian or Polish sausage. Then it's off to bed.

In between times I mostly work on writing projects at the computer or read. Sometimes I go walkabout and take pictures. San Ignacio is very hilly and I think the walking is good exercise for an elderly gentleman.

That's how life is at the present time. I will work at putting your plan into practise.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- why so early? can't you so it the day before??
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Interestingly enough, I used to know a guy that was in the military, years ago, unfortunately passed away a few years back, who was out there some time back.

He couldn't say much about what he did, Official secrets act and all that, but he did say, one thing he'd had to do was back in 1972, when he was in Belize on missions, as the guy I think the president of Belize, got assassinated, and this guys troop had to scout around looking for the killer.

They think he'd almost certainly fled back to Mexico, where he was likely from, and I don't think the killer was ever fouind.

Not sure if you ever heard about that or not.
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

I have a friend that was in the Seals but he is now going back to school but when he was just in the Navy he was kind of the same guy but after that he changed so much. Lots of scars and he couldn't tell anyone what they did but he had a little bit of post traumatic stress disorder because when I was playing this war game he had to leave the room for a little bit.
racer501
STARTING OUT

Post by racer501 »

so yeah your supposed to eat about every 3-4 hours or so but with job it becomes really hard becouse you can't at anything that has to be chilled really good or heated up i work construction and the only time we really get a chance for heated or cooled food is lunch i get breakfast, lunch, and dinner i was wondering what would be some good mini meals to go and have in between those becouse i have issues thinking of any kinda food that i could eat in between to eat just curious what a few suggestions would be....
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

eggs, tuna, meat cold cuts w/ fruit and raw veg depedning on the time you eat
racer501
STARTING OUT

Post by racer501 »

whoops forgot to say before....

well i normally go to work about 7:30 am then dont get done with it till any were from 5 to 8 pm just seems like a long time to let anything sit in the sun or in one of bad coolers that can't keep things cold for over 5 hours on a 60 degree day and were in our 80 + season
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

well just do the best you can...buy a bigger lunch and cut it in half and make 2 meals out of it maybe so it only needs to keep for 3 - 4hrs maybe
beebellkel
STARTING OUT

Post by beebellkel »

Ok I have a question about the morning day training.. you listed cereal and etc but wouldnt that be too much eating before exercising?

Where can I learn the exercising terminology?lol
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

if you have to train within 30mins of waking up then have either:

1 - a half breakfast so everyhting listed bit in half quanitities
2 - fruit and protein shake

you may need to build up over a week or 2 for the full meal

research research reasearch for the terminolgoy...what don;t you understand??
beebellkel
STARTING OUT

Post by beebellkel »

thanks for thefood advice

and I dont understand below...

Week 1
Mon – S1, M2, E3
Wed – S2, M3, E1
Fri – S3, M1, E2

Week 2
Mon – S2, M3, E2
Wed – S3, M1, E3
Fri – S1, M2, 31

Week 3
Mon – S3, M1, E1
Wed – S1, M2, E2
Fri – S2, M3, E3
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

above that nthere will be strength options (S), metabolic circuit options (M) and energy system options (E)...each day is mixed so you won't repeat the same full day

so where it says Mon – S1, M2, E3 you'll do:

strength option 1

then,

metabolic circuit 2

then,

energy system option 3

that is 1 day