mixing protiens?

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

shuamee
STARTING OUT

mixing protiens?

Post by shuamee »

I was just reading about mixing whey casin and soy protiens for after workout. good idea? im just now getting back into working out. and trying to find a good mixture of supplements for workouts.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: mixing protiens?

Post by Boss Man »

Do you mean mixing all three protein types together, or mixing the differet types with other things?
shuamee
STARTING OUT

Post by shuamee »

from what i was reading it was saying u could mix all three and gave an example of the measurements to mix. said to use it after workout. i saw it in a magazine. i was just wondering if thats a good idea or should certain ones be taken at different times?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Soy and whey can be used at similar times of the day, but the best way to use casein is at night, because being 8 calories per gram versus 4 calories per gram, it lasts twice as long, so it's more anti-catabolic.

You could add a small amount of carbs to the casein like crushed oats for example, as most if not all casein products are carb free.

There's no reason why you couldn't mix the different proteins together though however.
shuamee
STARTING OUT

Post by shuamee »

ok thanks alot. im new to protiens so could you suggest some good brands? all i can say about brands as far as workout kinda stuff goes (which is very limited) is cellucor is really the only thing i feel the products actually delivered what they were pitching. i had used 1 or 2 other brands of stuff that really did very little for me if anything. i do have friends that had sworn by the other products. i guess they just didnt work for me. mainly i want what i pay forif i pay good money i want a good product. what would u suggest?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well the ones some people seem to be talking about, are things like On Whey and PVL Gourmet, but I haven't tried any of those because they are American brands.

I used to use Nutrisport Protein and Complex Carbs brand, and it's fine providing you get a decent ratio of water to powder so it doesn't like like chocolate water.

As long as you're using a powder with carbs and around 5-6 ingredients or less, you should be fine, taste permitting :wink:
shuamee
STARTING OUT

Post by shuamee »

thanks for the replys