New to Supplements

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sxintiasz21
STARTING OUT

New to Supplements

Post by sxintiasz21 »

Hello, I would like to know something about supplements. I want to use it for running routines etc. I would like to try pure L-Arginine or Agmatine. But It seems that I cant find those around area. I've asked someone from a supplement store that they have Iron Pump which has agmatine and BPI Sports 1.M.R, MuscleTech, Mutant Pump which they all has a L-Arginine which includes other ingredients for bodybuilding, I wonder if that would be ok for me and If i would gain the same amount of l-arginine or agmatine.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: New to Supplements

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Sxintiasz, good to speak to you.

What are the running routines, sprint or endurance based?
sxintiasz21
STARTING OUT

Post by sxintiasz21 »

Hello Boss Man, i think that is endurance based. I've heard lots of things about L-Arginine, Agmatine Sulfate o i want to try it first but Im not sure about brands and if pure or blend xD I'm newbie regarding these things.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Arginine is something that stimulates the production of Nitric Oxide, that helps to dilate blood vessels and it also helps to block fat deposits into the liver so I believe.

Some say it is reasonable, but it does not have the same oomph that Nitric Oxide does at vasodilating blood vessels, but there are the other benefits it does provide.

Of course dilated blood vessels would help with running by allowing oxygen more ability to be channeled into the muscles, and organs and lungs, which is beneficial as proper oxygenating of the hypothalamus, the hormone controlling part of the brain would be good and ATP that helps muscles contract has oxygen bonds and more oxygen stored and deivered to muscles would boost VO2 max and more oxygen would promote less lactic acid production, by sustaining aerobic respiration for longer and by default staving off anaerobic respiration which is the process that stimulates lactic acid.

I would just go for a basic arginine supplement and see how it makes a difference rather than any fancy more expensive kind, but the other alternative would just be to see how you fair with a good kind of energy drink like powerade.