Supplements - How To Use

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Supplements - How To Use

Post by Boss Man »

Glutamine is more than okay.

Creatine can be a waste of time for some people. belief is that seeing as how one of its major functions is to increase power output, someone who has a good solid lean bodymass will fair better than someone who who doesn't.

I remember an advert one time in a crappy mag with some 230lb snarling juicer saying he got 50-60lbs on his Bench Press using crappy expensive Celltech.

Word of warning, Celltech has 10g per scoop, not 5. I don't believe it's good to consume 10g at once in the long-term, even with cycling off, for the equivalent of 9 months a year.

Yeah that guy might have gotten those lifts, but you've only got his word for that. Pay him enough, he might just be the type of person to say anything you want, if it sells more Celltech.

If you were someone wih tgood lean bodymass and I normally quote a figure of around 170lbs+, then I would say you would get results that justified the price. If you were certainly 160lbs or less, then it's likely not to be the case.

Thee are some people who are non-responders and you can boost it's performance with something like Grape Juice, Gatorade etc etc, instead of water. It's a combination of Amino Acids, (3 from memory), so the Insulin spike from the Carbs would cause a potentially improved synthesis in the same way as it would for Protein shakes.

The other problem is cost. Kre-alkalyn costs more than Monohydrate, and CEE probably costs more than Kre-alkalyn, but supposedly it's better for the performance. Kre-alkalyn claims around 40% of the water retention of Monohydrate, CEE supposedly none.

In your case, I'd say go for the Glutamine, but the Creatine may not workout, so if you go for it and results are poor, then cest la vie as they say.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Awesome, thanks...... :)
judyesvk
STARTING OUT

Post by judyesvk »

I have a :?: for boss I just started to workout need to loose 40 pounds and was wondering if taking a vitamin packet like universal animal pack will be good for me. I used to take before like 15yrs ago but not sure now if I'm in the same intensity of exercise. Any imput will be more than welcome.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It should be fine :).
dfearn71
STARTING OUT

Post by dfearn71 »

@ boss
what is your recommendation for a good stack for post workout? whey gluatamine...? you tell me
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Whey protein, basic kind, with Carbs and increased levels of BCAA's and Glutamine.

If you're quite bulky and have lifted for about 12-18 months or more, then you could stack freeform Creatine with it. You wouldn't need anything else really.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

maxinefit wrote: get something like Methastadrol or Halo Plex. I say those two because they are the only left on the market that you can obtain legally.
I'd politely say though, why? They could end up being illegal at any time. You buy something that's legal one week, a month later it's potentially illegal and you'll be busted as soon as the law knows you have them and decides to bust you.

They also do represent undesirable side effects and aren't really an answer to the question, how can I get massively jacked, without ending up old with modest monies to struggle on, as most things like that come with a not so nice price tag.

Just consider the pre-steroid Arnie. How jacked had he gotten before the needle? What was his stack? Answer no stack, just hard work and lots of food, potentially not even a Protein powder, or if so, one with a very bad taste.

Unless he stated to juice at around 170-180lbs of mass, then maybe barely legal supps would have more validity, if you couldn't get 200lb+ of mass without then, but you can.

The option is, either don't use legal stuff or do use legal stuff and risk it, but why use barely legal stuff if you never intend to go illegal, because you could end up selling or using an illegal product when it becomes illegal and you've no idea when that might be, so you might not be able to stop using it before that point comes.

You could then get busted for using illegal substances when you never wanted to at all.

I'm not completely anti-steroids. Though I've no need or want to use them, but frankly if you're wanting to stay legal, use things you know won't ever be illegal like Creatine or Whey Protein and if you don't care, just go illegal and risk it, but don't complain if you get busted, because there'd be no sense in that.

Plus things like Whey and Creatine are a lot less expensive and can help you get you the results you want in the end, but without being such a big drain on your bank balance.
rihaan
STARTING OUT

Post by rihaan »

Exercise is the most important part to reduce fat yoga is a best exercises to reduce fat.and walking is a good exercise do your exercise daily in 30 minutes. healthy diet is most important to your reduce weight.
thames55
STARTING OUT

Post by thames55 »

If im taking protein with creatine in it, do i still need to take post-workout serving of creatine or would that be overkill?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It could be overkill depending on how much Creatine is in the protein powder itself.

If it was around 2-3g, then top-up with around 1/2 scoop of freeform creatine if you want to, but if it's 5g, then don't.

If it's got the full amount in, then you could get saturation of the muscles, if you're using it virtually every day, in which case cycle off it at no later than after 3 months of use, for a month, then back on.

In that month absolutely no freeform consumption to compensate, as you'll need the month to rest the Kidneys, so you'd need to consider an alternative protein source to fill the gap the powder would normally be used.

If you're not using the product every day, I.E. 4-5 days max, then don't worry too much about cycling, because the Kidneys won't be handling Creatine every day, especially if the product only has around 2-3g per serving.

If you use it 4-5 days a week and it has a full Creatine dose, or you're topping up, then if you have concerns about the Kidneys, stop with the powder for a month, then start again.

Hopefully that all made sense.
Mabel
STARTING OUT

Post by Mabel »

Supplements are nothing but nutrients in ready form to consume. you have so many supplements in market. How to use the supplements is completely depend on the for what you are taking these supplements. However, it is always better to go for natural supplements because they have no side effects. I have used some supplements which are natural supplements. And i took those supplements to maintain body shape and to maintain overall health. i took one tablet per day and it work well for me.
chempe
STARTING OUT

Post by chempe »

One of the best supplement posts I've seen on a forum. This is great! :clap: :clap:
Ryan15
STARTING OUT

Post by Ryan15 »

So I see a lot of people on hear talking about how fat burners are bad, but I am thinking about trying one. I have a friend who competes and she swears by them to help her stick to her strict diet and keep her metabolism up. I understand that they may not be something I should take long term, but I can definitely see how they can help me get on track. What does everyone think? Have you used any that work?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

stance is clear. I would say it is 99% likely that hardly anyone uses these things in isolation.

You even so much as cut 100 calories a day out of your diet, or start walking 1/4 mile a day and lose any weight, you are doing things, albeit in a lesser way than many, that people who do not use these products can do, when they get the key aspects of the process right.

Once outside of isolation and combined with "known" weight loss factors, proving the validity of such products is impossible, but many will believe they did get added benefit from them, either based on some sort of sensation(s) from using them, or down to a misplaced belief in the product used, because admitting you may have wasted money on something that may have done little to nothing to help you, is a painful thing to admit, the bury your head in the sand approach is easier to adopt, with casual theories or talk about supposed benefits, that the user cannot back up with actual proof, bearing in mind that the actual weight lost or other people they know getting weight loss, whilst using such a product, does not prove it works, because those "other" users would be talking as if the product worked, based on the two previous factors; physical sensation(s) or burying their heads in the sand.

Also look at the test results for XLS Medical on their website, involving test subjects of normal BMI, not excessive BMI and unstated quantities of people tested in Germany on a 3 day test. They will enlighten you as to the absurdity of the methods some companies will use, to justify their unjustifiable products.

Sticking to a strict competition diet is down to strength of character, not stimulants. One of our past members Cassie, competed more than once at amateur level and achieved things whilst competing stimulant and steroid free and another past member Lareina who competed once, never used any stimulants or steroids that I ever knew of.

These products are just not credible, defensible or in some cases even safe and they will just drain your bank balance and even potentially negatively affect your health. You simply don't force your metabolism to work in a way it has not done so before, or not done so for a long time; you give your body the right circumstances to improve through diet and exercise and let the circumstances create change with tweaks here and there and then have a metabolism that works better of its own accord, not because it is forced to.

No process or thing that is forced to happen more expediently than might be the case, will create a satisfactory result very often. Time, understanding, commitment and a little common sense, gets you weight loss and any form of stimulant or drug supposedly designed to help, is either dangerous, or at best useless and a waste of money, but then there's always people out there looking to exploit others; looking for an angle and a little more profit, that's where the "common sense" thing I just mentioned comes in handy :).
Ryan15
STARTING OUT

Post by Ryan15 »

Thank you BossMan. I appreciate your answer, and I agree with some of the things you mention. I will admit thought I am still wanting to try one becuae I think it just may be what I need. As long as I find one that is natural and doesn't contain any harmful ingredients....teh last thing I want to do is damage body. We only have one so its important to take care of it.