Best Protein Shake for Woman???

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rinatoronto2009
STARTING OUT

Best Protein Shake for Woman???

Post by rinatoronto2009 »

Hi!

I’m 33 year old, female weighing 135 pounds. I am slim but have a good amount of fat and fat on legs…some from Beer

I’m looking for a Whey Protein Shake brand that is tasty to drink and one that would not make me muscular like Men! I’m looking to have leaner muscle mass and some thing good after workouts!

Please advice!

Thanks!
bigboy5491
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by bigboy5491 »

100% Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

It has a good blend of amino acids, low in fat, and only a couple carbs. It has been a best selling whey supplement for the past couple of years and it tastes good and is affordable.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Women getting muscular. Not unless you eat a load of Protein and Calories.

If you're eating just over 2,000 a day, with moderate Protein levels, you couldn't get really muscular if you tried, so don't believe anything about Powders or Weights making you suddenly go bulky. Yes women can get good size, but it's not something that just happens overnight.
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

i recently got a new batch from nutrisport "whey protein isolate" 5kg for £45....cant say fairer than that. bannanna flavour too.....yum.
eenwoord
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by eenwoord »

Mmmm banana flavour. Doesn't really taste at all like banana, but I lurve it.

Hungry Jacks/Burger King had banana thickshakes in Melbourne once upon a time... what happened to them? :cry:

Speaking of Protein Powders. I know that Whey Protein is very effective & I've found a 100% Whey protein powder. Would it be a bad idea to buy it for taste reasons? I imagine that it would be pretty goddamn unpalatable...

And what about the Hydroxycut ones (fat-burning) - are they just a load of BS? If they only produce minimal differences I'd rather spend less & go for the basic "tried and tested" protein powders.

Bigboy, did you mean Optimum Nutrition Iso-Whey Complete? There are so many brands out there. I'm looking for a good Whey Protein Isolate/Concentrate powder with minimal carb/sugar content. Any further suggestions?

I'm not scared of muscle either - bulk me up baby!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

eenwoord wrote: Speaking of Protein Powders. I know that Whey Protein is very effective & I've found a 100% Whey protein powder. Would it be a bad idea to buy it for taste reasons? I imagine that it would be pretty goddamn unpalatable...

And what about the Hydroxycut ones (fat-burning) - are they just a load of BS? If they only produce minimal differences I'd rather spend less & go for the basic "tried and tested" protein powders.
Most powders don't taste too bad, though some are probably better than others.

As for the second question hell yeah. Protein powder would trump anything that may artificially stimulate the Thyroid, or Endocrine system, so there's no contest with that one.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Best Protein Shake for Woman???

Post by Zhaga »

GF uses Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Mint & Gasparie Myofusion Cookies & Cream. She mix them with Unsweetened Almond Milk which thickens them up for only 30 calories per cup. BSN Syntha-6 Chocolate Peanut Butter is great, but higher in calories. She tried Isopure, CytoSport, Body Fortress, & Muscle-Tech and don't care for those.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Muscletech is a pricey brand and many of their products in the past have had dissatisfactory reviews.
Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Post by Nutterlie22 »

I've been using maxi tone sculptress for a while now
Danny_Sparks
STARTING OUT

Post by Danny_Sparks »

I have found that most women love a brand called Shakeology. It is a meal replacer that you can get in several different flavors.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Incidentally, what evidence or experience can you provide for what looks like an assertion? As own history on this site replying to and reading what many females have posted over the years, has indicated no such trend whatsoever and by trend I mean a majority of people expressing a preference for that product rather than a few :).