Man boobs and estrogen levels

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

DevilWrath
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Man boobs and estrogen levels

Post by DevilWrath »

so i got these man boobs, i'm really ticked off by them, went to the doctor today, and he said it is normal, but i'm going to do ultrasound test to see if i do have gynecomastia. the doctor says it's probably gonna disappear when I'm 18 or more, I'm 16 currently. but i don't want to wait that long. i did a shit load of research and it says that estrogen is the cause of moobs. so i wondered, if i decrease levels of estrogen then moobs should disappear...right? and they said to take 50mg of zinc 2 times a day and also some copper. and what other supplements should i take? to decrease estrogen levels and perhaps increase testosterone levels? this moobs shit is really pissing me off and no wants them T_T
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Test and GH boosters include things like Monounsaturates, Zinc and Vit E.

Monounsaturates are in things like Flax, Omega Eggs, Soy, Nuts, Avocado, Healthy Oils and Seeds, Fish. possibly Peanuts, and probably to a small extent in some Dairy and Meats.

The Alpha-Linolenic Acid, an Omega 3, can be converted in the body to EPA and DHA the Fish fats. Some wasteage occurs, but it can still happen none the less.

Oestrogen inhibitors, include things like Whole-grains, Soy, Flax, Omega Eggs and Fruit and Veg.

I would say particularly Soy, Flax, Omega Eggs, (Chickens fed Flax), and Cereals. The Lignans or Phyto-oestrogens, in Flax and Cereals and the Genestein Iso-flavone in Soy, are very similar genetically to Oestrogen, so they bind to receptors, making the excess Oestrogen not work properly.

I think it then either gets disposed of or used better.

This helps to protect against things like Breast Cancer too and high Oestrogen could also be a trigger in blood clots.

The Lignans I believe, also help to curb production of DHT, (Di-hydro Testosterone), a by product of excess Testosterone production, that can trigger folicular thinning, and then baldness.

Oestrogen is also called a Ligand, because it's something that binds to a receptor, (definition of a Ligand). Not to be confused with a Lignan as posted about earlier.
DevilWrath
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by DevilWrath »

thanks Boss Man, but does zinc reduce levels of estrogen? and if estrogen levels decreases then moobs should decrease too right?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Zinc helps with Immune function and wound healing times. Not 100% certain about the Oestrogen thing, but if it positively affects Test levels, I would say logically it might affect Oestrogen too.

Yes lower Oestrogen should reduce Man Boobs.
DevilWrath
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by DevilWrath »

yes! thanks you!! so happy! but they said if i take like 100 mg of zinc a day, then i should take 2 mg of copper too to balance it out, what time should i take the capsules? like in the morning or at night? or half in the morning and half at night?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too much Zinc can interefere with Copper. Copper is an Iron regulator. The doses and timing of capsules I can't really tell you much about.

Surely the doc gave you instructions, or the stuff comes with printed instructions on the boxes or containers.
DevilWrath
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by DevilWrath »

naw he didn't say anything, he just said that it will disappear, but i did research in the internet and it says zinc helps reduce estrogen and estrogen are the main causes of moobs. and it also says that 50mg X 2 a days with 2 mg of cooper a day
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you'll grow out of it too don't forget, you're only 16...wait for your hormones to catch up to your body

www.uponlinetraining.com
bigboy5491
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by bigboy5491 »

...or eat a clean diet
Winkleman
STARTING OUT

Post by Winkleman »

This may be a little off-topic, I apologize if I'm hijacking this thread, but is it true that eating Soy can cause you to grow man-boobs?

I stopped eating soy and/or drinking soy milk, because I was afraid it would give me man-boobs.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No it shouldn't.

Soy contains a Phyto-eostrogen called Genistein, also belonging to a group of Anti-oxidents, called Flavanoids. Its sub-classification is an Iso-flavone.

Genestein is labelled a Phyto-eostrogen, as it resembles eostrogen genetically and binds to receptors, potentially blocking the effects of excess eostrogen, which can include Breast Cancer, Gynocomastia and Blood Clotting risk.

These things can also be found in things like Flax, Omega-3 Eggs, (Chickens fed some Flax) and Whole-grains too.

So if anything Soy would prevent Gyno not cause it.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

hasbro89
STARTING OUT

man boobs..

Post by hasbro89 »

how do i get rid of man boobs? Does taking testosterone booster supplement helps..i used to be fat..but nw i lost kinda alot of weight..but the manboobs are difficult to get rid...Need help pls !!!thanks !!!
a-bracken
STARTING OUT

Re: Man boobs and estrogen levels

Post by a-bracken »

Dude, I had the same thing at 16. It's your raging hormones. It will go away. You don't need to do anything.
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Re: Man boobs and estrogen levels

Post by juan92 »

hormones