How long stop cretine?

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

grx
STARTING OUT

How long stop cretine?

Post by grx »

Hi:

About 3 weeks ago I stopped a 1-month creatine cycle, during which I got great results (+2kg: that's a lot for me!). Seems it is not water retention, since several people have told me I do look bigger and in fact stats did grow a little bit (in proportion to 2kg). Ok, I also was on a hight protein and calories diet.

The biggest gain was in the first week, and in the last week I was in a plateu, so I stopped creatine (also because I ran out of it).
I have heard that I should stop it for some weeks in order to get again some gains. Since on this topic there is not any rule, I would like to hear your experiences, how long do you take it and stop it?

Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How long stop cretine?

Post by Boss Man »

Always take time off Creatine, simply to give the Kidneys a bit of a break from it.

Yo have three basic cycles.

1. 3 months on, 1 off.

2. 2 months on, 1 off

3. 3 weeks on, 1 off.

experience of it years ago was poor, but I think it is largely down to the powerbase someone already has and their size. You probably cannot expect to get the kind of gains a guy who's 180lbs would get, if you weighed 150lbs, that's almost a given in opinion.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

I think the best is 3 weeks on ,1 off... I have a terrible experience with creatine, friend was using it with the 3 months - 1off ,,and one of his kidneys stopped working :( after a month the other one stopped 2 ..IDK how its called in English- but a machine was cleaning his blood.PURE HORROR... While he was waiting for a kidney he died it's just horrible.. So if you ask me never use creatine. :( :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I think the machine you're referring to is called a hemodilator.