You are what you eat?

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

You are what you eat?

Post by Tallgirll22T »

What we eat affects us immensely, as I have found out from personal experience. So essentially we are all walking around showing how much we are succeeding or failing with our diets. In your personal experience, how does your skin show it? Do you know of any specific foods good for the skin?
I would guess fish is, but I push fish on everyone because I am biased hehe ;) I remember mom saying once that her mother had gorgeous skin, never a blemish her whole life. Apparently grandma thought it may have been due to the fact she ate mostly fruit her entire childhood and through her teen years. They were too poor and remote to go to the store, so they picked fresh fruit all summer, and dried what they could on the tin roof and stored it for winter.
Anyway, has anyone here experienced better skin (less blemishes, dry patches, sagginess, dull tone) from a diet high in fruit? Or perhaps from eating something else like fish, shellfish, or milk?
Just curious to see what I would come up with; thought it was a fun topic.
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Re: You are what you eat?

Post by stellamandy96 »

Yes, by eating fruits we can get healthy looking skin and even the skin tone will change it we eat or drink fruits. Also I use some natural organic products to maintain skin tone.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

Most of the healthy food is giving me clean and soft skin.. But I have problems with some exotic fruits like ananas , banana. I have the feeling skin gets greasy from it..
sexyme1217
STARTING OUT

Post by sexyme1217 »

Yes I agree that what we eat reflexes our body and our personality.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

stellamandy96 wrote:Yes, by eating fruits we can get healthy looking skin and even the skin tone will change it we eat or drink fruits. Also I use some natural organic products to maintain skin tone.

I've heard that juicing with fruits and veggies everyday are great for your skin.

I like to juice w/ spinach, blueberries, kale, apples, carrots, asparagus, pineapple etc.....