Best strategies for getting through runs on the treadmill.

The ideal place to discuss running or ways to start. Anything from clothing, equipment, technique and race meets goes.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sben261
STARTING OUT

Best strategies for getting through runs on the treadmill.

Post by sben261 »

I always struggle when it is too cold to run outside, and I am forced to resort to the treadmill. Suggestions for ways to power through these inside runs and ideas for new workouts on the treadmill.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Best strategies for getting through runs on the treadmill.

Post by Boss Man »

Try doing some interval stuff and consider using music.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

You could also set it up to watch your favorite show or the news too, heck even a workout program so you see others doing exercise just like you are, with the music on it would feel like a gym... ;)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I like to take kindle and i have the hulu app and if nothing is on tv i put on a favorite show to watch. I have place to put kindle on the treadmill.
Fredh1
STARTING OUT

Post by Fredh1 »

I always run with music via the Nike running app as I track every mile I pound out. Having said that the treadmill is boring. I've been on mine almost every day for several weeks as I live in a very hilly area and I am over coming PF and am scared to try the hills lol.

There's an awesome app I just discovered for iPad I just discovered called run social. Basically it's a virtual run through different parts of the world. The other night I ran the first couple miles of the London marathon!

Another thing I do is play games in head with the treadmill numbers for example "I've burned 188 calories. I wonder how quickly I can get to 222 calories" etc.
RjMaan
STARTING OUT

Post by RjMaan »

suggestions to you is to start slowly then increase the speed of treadmill.