Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mallet_Man
STARTING OUT

Post by Mallet_Man »

Last edited by Mallet_Man on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 13 (Almost 14) 232 pounds and im very out of shape.

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Mallet_Man, good to talk to you.

I don't think there is any direct correlation between height and an increased risk of obesity or weight problems. although the pituitary gland the regulates growth hormone production, influences your thyroid which helps regulates metabolism, so there may be some kind of incidental connection, but not that I'm aware of.

Some people can actually gain weight when dieting, because added muscle can improve your metabolism and help to burn fat, but losing it can worsen your metabolism and that can happen if people go from one thing to the other I:E you eat too much, then eat better quality foods but in inadequate proportions and eating 1,000 calories of good food is still a potential health risk of sorts compared to eating 3,500 calories of mostly crud, but for differing reasons I:E overeating micronutrients and potentially suffering toxicity issues, versus undereating them and suffering problems related to deficiency.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Welcome to the forum Mallet! I am also interested in hearing about your diet. :)
toddhicks209
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by toddhicks209 »

You can easily lose a lot of weight and become trim in a way that is not grueling by walking briskly almost every day. After starting out slowly and getting accustomed to walking, spend 30 to 45 minutes or more walking at a relatively fast pace.