Workout And Food Routine Advice

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Ethanr11
STARTING OUT

Workout And Food Routine Advice

Post by Ethanr11 »

Hi guys,

name is Ethan, I am 14 years old and live in the UK. Currently, I am 5'6 and weigh around about 8 stone. I am a fairly slim guy at the moment. For many months now I have been looking to put on more muscle and strengthen up body all together. The problem I have been having is not knowing where to start, with there being SO many fitness programs out there and not knowing whether they are scams or not. The main reason that I want to put on muscle is for self confidence and golf game, as I am a more than weekly player at a club. Putting on muscle and strengthening core will allow for more flexibility, balance and power. All I am looking for is a helping hand and somewhere to start off. Maybe some of you have had previous experiences or know a certain program that would fit position. With regards to nutrition, of course being 14 I still live with parents and siblings, making it a bit more restrictive to food options. But of course with an eating plan, I could certainly alter this. I am not a current member of a gym, however if I need to look into say...weights. I would be more than willing to buy them. All answers are appreciated and thanks in advance, I know this is a long one, but I am looking for solid and trustworthy answers. Thank you so much!

Ethan
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Workout And Food Routine Advice

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Ethan, good to speak to you.

At your age, weights can be an issue and a lot of gyms, wouldn't let people train before they're 16. It not the muscles that can't deal with it, but it's more to do with the bones taking the load and not necessarily being able to do it.

This sort of workout could work you

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical flyes, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

As for the diet, what times do you eat and what foods do you eat at those times?